Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Noob stock spring question

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob stock spring question

Hello,

I just picked up my 2000 WS6 which is my first GM product. I have always been a Mustang guy but it was time for a change. Anyways, the WS6 has Eibach lowering springs and I absolutely hate them. I want to swap them out for stock springs. I found a set of stock springs with 102,000 miles on them for $60. How long to f-body springs usually last? Is 100K+ miles too much? Would they be worn out?
Old 05-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Staging Lane

do you hate them because of the ride quality .. or just dont want a lowered car ?
Old 05-02-2012, 04:20 PM

The ride quality is terrible. I have koni sports set full soft and it still sides like crap. My Jeep Wrangler rides like a Cadillac in comparison.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ecardinal
The ride quality is terrible. I have koni sports set full soft and it still sides like crap. My Jeep Wrangler rides like a Cadillac in comparison.
Eibachs certainly are not known for their ride quality on these cars. Do you have the prokit or sportlines?
And FYI setting the shocks to "full soft" does not mean best ride quality, certainly not in the front at least. Try a midway setting. And while you are at it make sure your tire pressure is not over 30psi.
As far as the stock springs go, for $60 you might as well go for it, stock springs last a while (should last well over 100K) and worst case scenario you are just out of $60 and time spent swapping.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:57 PM

I have the Prokit. Thanks for the tips. I know the tire pressure is currently at 33psi.

Quick Reply: Noob stock spring question