Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Supporting products sold and bought. A FYI note....

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 01:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

Default Supporting products sold and bought. A FYI note....

I just got off the phone with a customer who ordered Koni's from another vendor. He was a bit disappointed to find out that what he ordered wasn't quite what he thought he was getting in terms of how things work.

I mention this because some folks seem to think that if two competing companies sell the same part, you get the same everything. While you might get the same parts, how those parts work and adjust, are NOT the same.

Selling parts is my business, it's how I make my living. Because this is a small (me 99% of the time and my Dad 1% of the time) family business I cannot be everywhere all the time. I can't afford to give away parts to entice you to buy. HOWEVER, what I do, is support the products I sell and recommend. I also think I do this better than most. I use these parts, in many cases I developed them (which is not easy for a tiny little company to do) and I prove what I do over and over in competition--and for those that have come by to ride in cars, on the roads around my shop.

I'm simply saying that value includes more than the bottom line price, it includes discussion that should be had BEFORE the sale, and relevant information during and after the sale.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 05-02-2012, 02:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

after sales service is worth the initial price......cheap out and its buyer beware ....thumbs up for sams service !
Old 05-02-2012, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, I like to support my vendors as much as possible. I have bought many of your parts in the past as well as other vendors. I still like the personalized service you get from small companies.

What was found to be different in the shocks anyways?
Old 05-02-2012, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nary a complaint with any of my orders with you Sam! I'm drooling at getting my rearend so I can bolt up the hollow sways!

I think people fail to realize the difference between you and the other vendors. While you all may understand the technical side of the parts, YOU actually have on-road experience and have won trophies with the parts you sell/make. I don't have any problem with BMR/UMI/ect, but none of them are out winning trophies road racing a 4th gen.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well said sam.

always very pleased with all your opinions and advice!

tony
Old 05-03-2012, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is this thread pointing at bmr?
Old 05-03-2012, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dabest09
Is this thread pointing at bmr?
We can all read into it what we want, BMR is not named anywhere
Old 05-04-2012, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

I mean who else would it be...
Old 05-04-2012, 01:43 AM
On The Tree

Anouther reason I am sticking with Strano from now on when it comes to buying suspension parts.

Ordered from Strano and...the other company ( )... at roughly the same time. Only Strano asked if I had questions, informed me how long it was going to take, and I'm sure he'll help me out when I dial everything in, and how I should move forward from there.

I haven't gotten anything from the other company but an invoice.

Which is why I'll continue to support Sam both locally and on here (and with my money when I get the chance).