Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

up grades

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default up grades

Hi every one I just bought my 94 z Its a manual and I love it, and now want to modify it. But I don't want the normal or average upgrade no i want to go psycho with this. I want to start a build on here and up date but I need a few things first before I can do that. I will say this I am no expert but I know there are people on here that are or can point me in the right direction. I want to start this build with a total new suspension. This is an anything goes type deal k member, coil overs, A arms, sway bars, but the rear end is what I'm not sure on what to do I will give you my idea and see what you think I want to rip out the stock rear and put a Moser m9 in its place with the Moser torque arm and q1a double adjustable coil overs, panhard bar. What im having trouble figuring out and dont get mad at me but i would like to make 18x10.5 -18x12's work with out having to beat on the wheel wells or tub it and thats not all I want big brakes on the rear too I have no idea how to do this Its screwing up my life LOL I know i will need custom offset wheels and a shortend m9 to do this but as for the rear brakes are concearned I dont have any idea who I can go to for help HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS BEFORE? HELP
Old 05-12-2012, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 147 Likes on 118 Posts

A) What are going to do with the car? Drag, street, road course? B) Big brakes on the rear has been covered. There are three basic issues:
  • Brake Bias
  • Parking brake
  • Floating c-clip based axles

Brake bias will be moved to the rear, and you could cause the rear wheels to lock up before the fonts in hard braking.

Your parking brake is built in to the caliper ('97 and early f-body/'88-'96 corvette). Any big brake upgrade would need to integrate that or have the parking brake in the rotor hat, similar to 98 and newer Corvettes and F-bodies.

With an M9 the axle retained by c-clips, so maybe you could run a fixed caliper, but the other two issues remain.

Quick Reply: up grades