Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

MWC Watts LINK isntall, NEED SOME HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 08:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default MWC Watts LINK isntall, NEED SOME HELP!!!

ok well bolting everything up is self explanitory, my issue is what angle should the center piece be sitting at once the car is on the ground, should it be strait up? at a angle or what, also is there a good starting point on how long the tie rods should be?

i can install it but i want it to function properly any pictures of what it looks like sitting on the ground from the link side would be great.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the back of the car the propellar should be at 12:30 and 4:30, even length bars and 0 degrees with suspension loaded.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:02 AM
10 Second Club

well i got it installed yesterday and so far things seem to be just fine, the propellor is at the 12/6 position with the suspension loaded, however the bars are not the same length it seems when I try to make them the same length the driver side sticks out way to far i just adjusted them so that the rear end is centered but from what I can tell the driver side one shows more threads, I dont think this is a issue unless someone says it is the car handles flawlessly and all the noise and clanking that use to be in my rear end is now gone.

but if someone things I need to take the tie rods back off and adjust them the same length then install them and make equal turns on each to center the rear if thats even posible then i will try but the passenger side one was closed about as far as I could close it to keep the wheel under the fender where it was suppose to be.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't get the rods on my mwc watts link the same length either. The car handles fine so I'm not worried about it.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you guys give MWC a call?
Old 06-04-2012, 12:14 PM
10 Second Club

yeah i dont think it really matters, its designed to be adjustable so that you can center the rear end left/right, i would imagin its not that big of a deal so long as the length is on drasticly different then I could see stress on the axle housing under extreme rear end movment. I am not worried either the car handles great and theres no noise or clinks from the rear end anymore, it would be impossible to make both tie rods the same length and not have one tire sticking out farther than the rest.

I also have mine on the second hole from the top which seems to be about right to make the tie rods level under load

Quick Reply: MWC Watts LINK isntall, NEED SOME HELP!!!