Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hmmm..Weird stance.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 05:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hmmm..Weird stance.

Ok,
a buddy of mine who I haven't seen in a year or so,comes to visit. We are outside looking at what he has done to his car,etc. I am walking around the car,when I notice that the front drivers side is a good inch higher than the rest of the car. I asked him if he has done anything with the suspension,and he said he has just put on some Bilsteins around 6 months ago with the stock springs. I have him park on a level surface just to be sure my eyes weren't deceiving me and he does have this huge gap between the tire and the fender.

Now,since I brought this to his attention,he is freaking out about it and I get to help him try to fix it,lucky me.Not sure why he never noticed it. Could he have not gotten the springs back in the the perch correctly or are there something else I should check out first? I know that he did the heater hose mod along time ago,but the rear and the passenger side are all about even.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea I'd start by checking to see if the spring was installed correctly. If I'm not mistaken you can see the whole spring after you remove the wheel.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by blade2222
Yea I'd start by checking to see if the spring was installed correctly. If I'm not mistaken you can see the whole spring after you remove the wheel.
I'll take it off tomorrow and see what it looks like. Maybe I'll will get lucky and just need to rotate the spring into the perch.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine use to do that occasionally, my theory was after doing an oil change in the driveway the sway bar got out of whack from being propped up on one side. Mine would settle if I left the passengers side up in the air for about 20 minutes
Old 06-06-2012, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's a pretty common thing on these cars unfortunately.

Quick Reply: Hmmm..Weird stance.