Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI and BMR help

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default UMI and BMR help

I am trying to install the UMI 3pt. subframe connectors and BMR driveshaft loop. The DSL is not even close to lining up with the mounting holes. I contacted BMR for help, they took my number but never called back. I also bought the tranny crossmember from BMR and hat to notch it out at the tranny mount to make it fit. So far I'm not very happy with BMR products or customer service. Anyway if someone has a solution I would appreciate the help.
Attached Thumbnails UMI and BMR help-photo-2-.jpg   UMI and BMR help-photo.jpg   UMI and BMR help-photo-1-.jpg  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

drill some new holes that will match up.you are trying to mesh parts from 2 different companies ,that mite not work all the time.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the DSL fit the holes without our SFCs in place?

Ramey
Old 06-21-2012, 12:27 AM
Teching In

Gary your right I shouldn't be upset at BMR because the parts are not from the same company, I did expect a call back though.
Ramey, I did not try to bolt up the DSL without the SFCs, but I think it would bolt up but it would be at an angle.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:21 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by somls1
Gary your right I shouldn't be upset at BMR because the parts are not from the same company, I did expect a call back though.
Ramey, I did not try to bolt up the DSL without the SFCs, but I think it would bolt up but it would be at an angle.
One of our guys should have definitely given you a call back. We have been extremely busy this week so it is taking a little longer then it normally would but that is no excuse for you not to get a call back. PM me over your contact information and I will make sure you get a call ASAP.

Kyle

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:59 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Once again, sorry for the delayed response. I've been a popular guy for the past couple days for some strange reason! haha Keep me posted on how things go after removing the subframes to see if our part fits without them. If there is any problem, we'll replace it with one that fits. If it does fit, then we can move forward with modifying the DSL to fit around the tolerances of the UMI subframes.

Thank you for your patience!
- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 06-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Thanks Kevin for the call today, I got the DSL modified and it fits now. I just emailed you a pic of the trans crossmember. Once again thanks for all your help.

Quick Reply: UMI and BMR help