Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Installed Bilstien HD's and stock springs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Installed Bilstien HD's and stock springs?

I just installed Bilstien HD's with the stock springs on my 2000 Z28 (T-tops). I also put 17" ZR1's on with 17X11 out back. I did have Sportlines but they were too low, but looked great. The car rides much better and actually seems to handle better. I removed the rubber cup or spacer from the rear springs and put heater hose in its place. The rear looks fine now. I would like some stiffer springs though. The front is the real problem. It looks taller than stock! I think some 33" Super Swampers would fit nicely. It looks like the car has no engine in it. In fact we compared it to a Z without and engine and the gap was about the same. What would cause it to sit so high? The new HD's? Will it settle? I was thinking of putting the Sportlines back on the front and leaving the stock springs on the rear. Would this cause a problem. I think I'm going to get Koni's and coilovers eventually. But that will be a while so I'm looking for something that will look better and perform decently for now. What suggestions do you have?

Thank you,

Ryan
Old 04-01-2004, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

the ride height will come down. As soon as you start driving it around town it'll settle on its own.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

My T/A sat way high from the factory(new) also.I did the same thing,sportlines/bilstiens HD and now it sets to low.I just received a set of Kenny Brown Gen 2 lowering springs.I'm having them installed next week,i hope i'm happy with them.

The sportlines were to much,i actually caught air in the rear doing 80 mph on the interstate,it was an area where they were doing some resurfacing,my wife screamed,i thought to myself...this is to much.

I don't have any suggestions for you however,i can let you know how the Kenny Browns work out.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Pro kit and HDs here...Perfect height and ride for me