Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

In need of some assistance.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default In need of some assistance.

Well it's been 4 hours and I still haven't managed to do it. So putting aside my pride and asking for help here. I just installed my new BMR K member and now I am having trouble getting my lower A Arms to go back into their positions. I've cussed and spit and researched on line. BMR's write up makes it sound so easy. As of last night I have snapped one shock and I am not willing to snap the other. I've fought with these things for hours and I just cant seem to get them in. So please enlighten me with your wisdom oh mighty suspension gurus.

Thanks,
Joe
Old 07-05-2012, 04:30 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

What is the problem with the A-arms going in? Did you lay your control arm over your factory part and try to replicate their mounting hole locations? Are you trying to install them with anything installed like the shocks/spring or the spindle already mounted?

Let me know,
Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 07-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Kevin,

Sorry I've been away for a few weeks. So I'll try to be as detailed as possible in my response so I can get the best advice.

There is no engine in the car so I decided to install the BMR tubular k member. I followed the write up as much as I could (being as though it is written for a car with an engine). I disconnected the sway bar linkage and tie rods and disconnected all the p/s and brake lines as directed. Unbolted the lower a arm from the stock k member and attempted to drop k member out of car. In doing this I snapped the shock where it connects to the car on the top of the strut. This was as I was trying to pull the lower a arm away from the k member. Once I snapped the shock the k member slid right off the other a arm and was free from the car. I installed the BMR k member and now I am having issues getting the a arm to go into position (two points on the k memeber) on the undamaged side. I don't want to break another shock trying to man handle the thing into place.

So long story short. I've got the BMR k member mounted and the a arms are not hooked into it. The shock and spring assembly are installed on the side with the good shock. The only bolts removed are the two that hold it into the k member. Any help would be appreciated.

Joe