Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What SFC to use?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What SFC to use?

Hi everyone,

I have been browsing the forum for a few days now and havent been able to find a good thread on SFC's. I want to buy/install them on my car but dont know which ones to choose. Bolt-On or Weld-On, SLP, BMR,...?

I am franlky a little confused and frustrated. I would appreciate any feedback from current SFC owners, and/or suggestions as to the type and make i should consider or avoid.

Thanks in advance,
Old 04-01-2004, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well first off i would go with weld-on. Reason being that with bolt on SFC's after a while the bolts can tend to loosen thus making the SFC somewhat useless. I have heard a lot on these boards about both SLP and BMR (both good). I personally went with Kenny Brown and their double dimand structure. They reinforce the floor pan and support by connecting the front subframes, rear subframes, rocker panel, and transmission mounts, while reinforcing rear lower control arm pick up point.

I bought mine from Thunder Racing but i'm sure you can find it cheaper else where.

-Scott

'95 Firehawk. Red on red.
**Nitto 555's; BMR LCA's; HAL Generation F series shocks/front springs on the way **
Old 04-01-2004, 11:48 PM
NKAWTG...N

id got with slp bolt on. they come black powder coated. fitment is mint. and if need be you can always weld the bolts in place. plus slp is 3pt vs 2pt which i believe most of the others are.