Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Standalone ABS Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2020, 07:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Standalone ABS Brakes

What’s up guys. I’m building a road racing car out of a 2004 GTO shell. I’m using a standalone LS3/TR6060 that runs off its own stuff but I removed the GTOs LS1 in a manner that left the body harness untouched. I’m in the process of cutting away junk and HVAC stuff but I’m trying to find out if there needs to be a computer of some kind to manage the ABS or if the unit will operate as long as it’s powered up and the wheels sensors are functional?

I found some BMW standalone abs systems but I’d rather use what I’ve got for the most part.
Old 04-13-2020, 06:14 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

There is a separate ABS module that provides the electronics for the ABS. I would think you should be able to retain that complete system from the GTO. It connects to the same OBD2 bus that the PCM from the engine does, so you read/scan them from the same connector under the dash.
Old 04-13-2020, 06:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wssix99
There is a separate ABS module that provides the electronics for the ABS. I would think you should be able to retain that complete system from the GTO. It connects to the same OBD2 bus that the PCM from the engine does, so you read/scan them from the same connector under the dash.
nice... now I’ve just got to figure out which wire is the abs in the OBD2...

Quick Reply: Standalone ABS Brakes