Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Can't bleed brakes!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't bleed brakes!!!!!!

Okay guys, help me figure this out. Car is a 1995 Camaro 3.4l V6 with auto trans. Was my DD for awhile and now a donor car for a LQ4 swap. I just swapped the entire drum brake/open diff rearend for a disc/posi from a 2000 Z28. At the same time I swapped out the smaller LT1 style front disc brakes for the dual piston/larger rotor brakes from the same Z28. I had a problem seperating the original caliper hose from the hardline to swap for the LS1 hoses and had to replace the hardlines from the abs block to each front caliper.
Well today I went to bleed the system and it will not hold pressure. I can push the pedal to the floor with very little resistance. Checked everything for leaks but found none. I than started the car thinking maybe that would help but still nothing. I did notice however when I push the brake pedal my rpm's start to drop.
I read that I don't need to swap out the master cylinder but now am thinking maybe that was wrong. Anyone got any ideas?
It's a real pita to bleed when I can't even to the pedal to hold
Old 07-22-2012, 06:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

is your vac. booster hooked up?
Old 07-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Staging Lane

Should be. I never disconnected it. Is it possible that there is just alot of air in the lines since the system went dry? For example, when I have my buddy pump the brakes(car off) and than hold and I crack open the first bleeder(rear ps) it will have just alittle amount of old fluid come out and the pedal goes to the floor. Maybe I just have to do that a dozen times?
Old 07-23-2012, 08:59 AM
Teching In

If you ran the system dry start by filling the master cylinder with new brake fluid, then open up a bleeder until you get a steady drip of fresh fluid coming out. Repeat with the other 3 bleeders. Then pressure bleed in the proper order. If you still have a soft pedal activate the ABS (if applicable) and pressure bleed again. If problem presist ill walk u thru diasnosing the master cylinder.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks. I'll give that a shot when I get off work

Quick Reply: Can't bleed brakes!!!!!!