Strano 3 way rear adjustable sway bar?? - Page 4 - LS1TECH

Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano 3 way rear adjustable sway bar??

Old 08-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #61
TECH Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Strano View Post
This sort of the point and why I would not recommend a 25mm bar. It only gets stiffer from there... here's a guy with a 22mm bar, hasn't stiffened it (yet) because it works that well for balance. He has two positions stiffer, and there is a difference even with one hole stiffer.

25mm is a lot of rear bar, that's why I don't typically recommend, or sell 25mm rear bars.
. . . . and when someone decides on a stiffer setting, should they shorten the height of the endlinks so that the angle of the sway bar is leveled out?
02TransAm/Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #62
LS1TECH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile View Post
. . . . and when someone decides on a stiffer setting, should they shorten the height of the endlinks so that the angle of the sway bar is leveled out?
If you'd like.... Really doesn't matter in reality as much as folks would like you to believe, but sure you can shorten those links if you wish to make the bar more parallel.
Sam Strano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #63
TECH Junkie

Thanks! I think I got all my questions answered now!
Old 08-24-2012, 01:02 AM   #64
Launching!

I cant believe I made this into a big ordeal LOL, anyway its all good info IMOP and i think it does help others decide whats best for them and a adjustable bar sounds like a really good idea,
LS2Ttype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:12 AM   #65
Launching!

Looks like its going to be a 22 adjustable for me, I do trust sam all the way , i just wasnt sure how good a adjustable bar would work for me, and again i want to get back some of my ride

I do have a few questions, Sam IYOP would you say the 25mm adjustable in its softest position would equal the 22mm in its stiffest position?

for you 02TransAM/batman could you help out and try your bar in the stiffest setting and let me us know how it feels , how much stiffer the suspension gets , and do a little driving for us over some rougher road, maybe you can compair the 2 settings, I figure ill leave mine in the soffest position all the time and when its time for Atco or E-town ill set her in the stiffest position, anyway batman that would be really cool if you could do a little testing for us
Old 08-24-2012, 01:21 AM   #66
TECH Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2Ttype View Post
Looks like its going to be a 22 adjustable for me, I do trust sam all the way , i just wasnt sure how good a adjustable bar would work for me, and again i want to get back some of my ride

I do have a few questions, Sam IYOP would you say the 25mm adjustable in its softest position would equal the 22mm in its stiffest position?

for you 02TransAM/batman could you help out and try your bar in the stiffest setting and let me us know how it feels , how much stiffer the suspension gets , and do a little driving for us over some rougher road, maybe you can compair the 2 settings, I figure ill leave mine in the soffest position all the time and when its time for Atco or E-town ill set her in the stiffest position, anyway batman that would be really cool if you could do a little testing for us
I could do try it out and report my findings but I'm not sure how much it would help in your decision. Anything you read on LS1Tech is purely subjective statements and on top of the anecdotal evidence from said statements, all tastes are individualistic. For example, one could say the MS3 kicks *** while others won't like the under the curve torque (abysmal due to low DCR). If you want a sense of what I'm talking about, try a search for "strut tower braces."
Old 08-24-2012, 01:38 AM   #67
Launching!

Last but not least, I took a friend that knows a lot about GN's , turbo regal's etc, He always said the F-bodys ride stiffer than a G body and i already know that , i used to own a GN and i now own a LS2/novi powered 87 turbo T (T-type), so IHOP he sais the bigger sway bar tightens up the sloppy G body and he likes it, , IDK because my GN had pertty much stock suspension, any way he felt the way my car rides, i showed he over some rougher road how i dont like the way the back end has like no control and how the left affects the right and visa versa over where only one side of the car is riding over some rough road, To him its no big deal but he sees what im talking about and its clear and very much the way im saying it

Anyway he thinks besides the rear monster Bar i have that the weld in UMI rail sub-fram connectors and the UMI K-member also stiffened up the car,

So i want to list again what suspension mods i have

Front: UMI K-member , strano S/A konies set to lower pearch with Stock springs

UMI 2 point weld in sub fram connectors, OK i had the sub frams installed 4 years ago way befor and other suspension mods, and they felt Perfect they did tighten the car a little bit but nothing crazy, in fact car felt slightly stiffer and i loved it on stock suspension

Rear: UMI LCA's (poly ends) adjustable in the middle, PHB (poly ends) adjustable in the middle, Konies S/A with stock springs (set soft i think) UMI tranny relocation brace with Spohn adjustable TQ arm, and of cours that POS Drag Bar

OK besides replacing that monster POS sway bar, what else can I do to soften of the car a bit??
Old 08-24-2012, 01:46 AM   #68
Launching!

TA/Batman thats ok, it would still be cool to let us know what YOU think, if you like the 35/22 set up now i believe you , and i heard a 1,000 times the 35/22 bars work nice on our cars, try it out set her up on stiff and see how she changes and feels, like for example a every day street driver, when u get on the car does the stiff position keep the car from twisting etc,
Old 08-24-2012, 08:33 AM   #69
TECH Regular

LS2Ttype.....Replace the UMI LCA poly ends with poly/roto-joint. I had poly/poly and made the switch. Less binding and frees up the suspension over irregularities in the road. Sam sell these also.
redracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #70
Launching!

Na, my LCA's are fine and nice and greased up,
Old 08-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #71
TECH Regular

.....ya I thought the same thing.
redracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:07 AM   #72
Launching!

how much of a differance did if really make redracer1 ?

which side gets the roto-joint?
Old 03-14-2017, 06:55 PM   #73
TECH Fanatic

For those that have put on front and rear sways, how is ride quality affected? I pretty much have all the basic suspension changed (Shock, springs, LCAs, PHB) and have held off on sway bars.
BrntWS6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:12 PM   #74
TECH Regular

Sways were my first upgrade, so cant speak for the change in that order, but i daily drive mine.
Mods in sig.

Tony
vatechguy3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:36 AM   #75
TECH Regular

I say, go for it. I did all of my suspension almost at once, but the sway bars felt like they made the most difference. They are my favorite of the suspension mods. They will have much less ride penalty than your springs probably have. Over speed bumps, there will be no change (if you hit them straight).
eb110americana is offline   Reply With Quote