Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI: Any plans for rubber ends?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 06:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default UMI: Any plans for rubber ends?

Inquiring minds would like to know! I'd hate to sell all my UMI products and would much rather jus' swap out the ends.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those already exist. They are called stock LCAs
Old 08-01-2012, 10:56 PM
TECH Junkie

I would probably go back to stock but I need the adjustability!
Old 08-01-2012, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Hey Batman, not to steal your thread or anything-- why would you want rubber-- do the Poly make the car harsh?

I've been thinking of just tossing in some of those rubber ends that Strano sells-- I don't need the adjust---I just want the damn wheel hop to be eliminated before I break something lol

Edit: Never mind....just remembered and viewed your "Help! Sick of my Suspension!!!" post lol.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by xxKennyDxx
Hey Batman, not to steal your thread or anything-- why would you want rubber-- do the Poly make the car harsh?

I've been thinking of just tossing in some of those rubber ends that Strano sells-- I don't need the adjust---I just want the damn wheel hop to be eliminated before I break something lol

Edit: Never mind....just remembered and viewed your "Help! Sick of my Suspension!!!" post lol.
Look into some better shocks for the wheel hop.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Those already exist. They are called stock LCAs
Nah. Too wimpy. I can see wanting stronger (and adjustable) tubular LCAs and still keep rubber. Maybe also for appearance for those who like to show off their cars.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The problem we feel with rubber bushing control arms is you really aren't gaining anything by installing them. Honestly if you want to run rubber bushings in your control arms stick with stock arms. When you install a control arm with softer bushings like rubber the bushings pretty much defeat the purpose of a heavy duty control arm, in my opinion. The bushings will deflect very easy never allowing the solid control arm to work. Because of this is why we developed our Roto-Joint. Of course the Roto-Joint will never be as soft as rubber but it will out perform it in all areas. Our control arms that have a combination of poly/Roto-Joint are very popular, perform well and offer no noise from our experience. I run this set up on my cars with no issues.

Basically we are concentrating on improvement items and not factory replacement items.

I hope that helps,
Ryan
Old 08-02-2012, 01:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
The problem we feel with rubber bushing control arms is you really aren't gaining anything by installing them. Honestly if you want to run rubber bushings in your control arms stick with stock arms. When you install a control arm with softer bushings like rubber the bushings pretty much defeat the purpose of a heavy duty control arm, in my opinion. The bushings will deflect very easy never allowing the solid control arm to work. Because of this is why we developed our Roto-Joint. Of course the Roto-Joint will never be as soft as rubber but it will out perform it in all areas. Our control arms that have a combination of poly/Roto-Joint are very popular, perform well and offer no noise from our experience. I run this set up on my cars with no issues.

Basically we are concentrating on improvement items and not factory replacement items.

I hope that helps,
Ryan
That's what I'm saying... they are strong enough for most situations too. Maybe not for big slick wheelie drag racing.. but for the rest of us stock is fine.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
I would probably go back to stock but I need the adjustability!
Do you have something that messes up the typical alignment placement of the axle?
Old 08-02-2012, 01:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Do you have something that messes up the typical alignment placement of the axle?
Yes I am lowered and when stock I noticed that my rear wheels are moved forward and off-kilt in the wheel well. The main reason why I purchased adj. LCA's was to center it.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by UMI Performance

I hope that helps,
Ryan

I understand but I feel there is a market for those who want adjustability with rubber ends. If not, like someone else said, there is also a market for people who want to be flashy with new suspension stuff but also have OEM ride quality.

I'm jus' thinking out loud here: Is it possible to have a two-piece end bushing where a good portion of the inner core is composed of poly and have the remaining outer core made of rubber? Like an 80% inner core of Poly and a 20% rubber cover to help with NVH?
Old 08-02-2012, 01:48 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm adding dual rod end double adjustable LCAs into my car. Bring on the road noise
Old 08-02-2012, 02:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
Look into some better shocks for the wheel hop.
Thanks, will be next mod....well, have to pay off the headers and everything..lol

Quick Reply: UMI: Any plans for rubber ends?