Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Having trouble installing umi torque arm. Help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 08:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having trouble installing umi torque arm. Help?

So a week ago I snapped my factory torque arm. I already had a umi torque arm relocation kit. So I order a umi adjustable torque arm and it got here today (only took 4 days) and got to work installing. Took the old one off with no trouble. Then I had some trouble wrestling around with the new (heavier) torque arm. I (finally) got it bolted to the umi torque arm reaction crossmember, but now the rear end doesn't line up. Jacking up the pumpkin doesn't help either. Was I supposed to bolt up the back first? I left it for last because it was so easy to take off, I figured installing would be the same. Please let me know, as I would like to have this done by morning.

--Xander
Old 08-21-2012, 09:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do the back first, way easier that way for me.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jsteele90
Do the back first, way easier that way for me.
BAM....problem solved. do this
Old 08-21-2012, 10:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for choosing the UMI!

The guys above are right. Back first. Front clamp loose while installing rear. Nose then in hole one down from the top (usually).

Let me know if you have further trouble.

Thanks
Old 08-21-2012, 11:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the replies. I just finished the install. It took my way longer than it should of because I didn't read the directions. Lesson learned.

Anyways, I was eventually able to get the rear in after the front, it just took forever and was probably way harder than it should have been. Now I know, but I'm hoping to never need another torque arm, so it's just more useless knowledge.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1994_383_Z28
Thanks for all the replies. I just finished the install. It took my way longer than it should of because I didn't read the directions. Lesson learned.

Anyways, I was eventually able to get the rear in after the front, it just took forever and was probably way harder than it should have been. Now I know, but I'm hoping to never need another torque arm, so it's just more useless knowledge.
no, this will give you the ability to inform someone else that has this question of the best way to install. spread the wealth and help out others in need, glad you got it in though

Quick Reply: Having trouble installing umi torque arm. Help?