Old 04-12-2004, 09:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bizzump
Old 04-12-2004, 10:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Andy,

If you have the time, skill and the supplies, it can be done. Just about any type of component with time and the tools can be fabricated.

It probably would be a good idea to pick up an extra amount of line as it may take a few tries to get the bends correct and the flared ends, especially if you've never worked with a flaring tool and bender. The tool that you'll need to create bubble flares and double flare ends is ~250.00. Do NOT splice the stock lines with compression sleeve type fittings...you need to use either double flare or bubble flare compression ends.

Surpizingly, if you add up the cost of what it will take you to purchase everything especially the tools needed, your going to spend more. We sell our B-001 kits for 114.00 SHIPPED complete with directions, lines, fittings and all electrical needs...I think you'll find that pretty hard to beat.

Good luck with your results.

Steve
Old 04-13-2004, 09:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a good deal. I just like making things myself when I have an opportunity. Damn tat would be a lot cheaper if I had the flaring tool. Whats the difference between your 3 solenoids?
Old 04-13-2004, 03:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the idea when I see guys trying to fabricate things themselves...there's a part of self gratification of when someone makes something specific to their cars...the little parts add up though...so pay attention to how much each part costs...add shipping charges also. The master cyl fitting will have a final cost ~8-10.00.

We sell the lines with the fittings attached if a person is interested in building the rest of the kit on their own.

Between the three units, the main difference is cost...unless you prefer a specific brand, they will all function equally well...you would never know the difference from one to another.

Steve

Last edited by steve10; 04-13-2004 at 03:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Homemade line lock