Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

cant find brake pads for wilwood calipers!

Old 08-31-2012, 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cant find brake pads for wilwood calipers!

I have a 98 z28, it has wilwood 4 piston callers, 13 inch zr1 rotors, and hawk racing hb101e-800 pads. These pads are DESTROYING my new rotors. I can't find a softer compound brake pad to replace these with. This is the second set of rotors I've put on in 3000 miles. Pads are not wearing at all. Just chewing the rotors up. Calipers are functioning just fine with no locking up. If anyone has any info to help me find something softer please let me know, Thanks, kenny.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fivepointo
I have a 98 z28, it has wilwood 4 piston callers, 13 inch zr1 rotors, and hawk racing hb101e-800 pads. These pads are DESTROYING my new rotors. I can't find a softer compound brake pad to replace these with. This is the second set of rotors I've put on in 3000 miles. Pads are not wearing at all. Just chewing the rotors up. Calipers are functioning just fine with no locking up. If anyone has any info to help me find something softer please let me know, Thanks, kenny.
Call Sam Strano, he may be able to assist...

Either him or you can call Willwood directly.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Staging Lane

Thank you, how would I be able to contact him?
Old 09-01-2012, 08:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you, how would I be able to contact him?
he's a sponsor on this site.

stranoparts.com I think.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you very much.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Banned

Sam is out racing until the 10th so I would wait until after he gets back. Or try and contact Hawk directly and see if they have anything that'll fit.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Teching In

Hawk Blues are dedicated track pads and not street pads. In the Hawk line you need either HPS or HP+ compound.

From the Wilwood line you need most likely some BP10 compound pads. Alternately you could run their BP20s as well. Both are streetable but the 20s (like the HP+) will dust more and wear quicker.

You didn't say what caliper you have but I'd suspect them to require either 7420 or 7416 plates. The same shape; one's 20mm thick, the other 16mm. There are some alternates that this 'could' be but these are the two most common for 13" rotor kits.

For the Wilwood pads you're looking at 150-8854k (20mm) or 150-8855k (16mm)

Both of these are pretty easy to find and inexpensive. Hope this helps. If neither of these is the right plate let me know and I'll put up a couple more for you to check.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

Well that explains it! yeah the car came with those pads extra, so when the old ones needed to be changed, I threw them on..... I just ordered a set of Wilwood BP10's from ebay the other day, but was still wondering if that would be my solution, and from the information you've given me it seems like it will be. Thank you all very much! As soon as I get them in the mail I'm going to have my rotors turned and install everything and I will keep everyone informed on the issue. Thanks again everyone!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cant find brake pads for wilwood calipers!