Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake Moan Noise

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Brake Moan Noise

OK guys, I been trying to tackle this problem for awile and cant seem to figure it out. This all started out after I did a rear end swap to the moser m9, thats when this problem started. Oringally the brakes were dragging on the right rear side and when we inspected the brakes we noticed the alignment of the rotor and brake caliper was off. The rotor was facing in towards the center of the car and it was in a way pinching it off to were the brakes were becoming very hot after a short drive. We had to grind on the brake caliper and take off material to get it were it was aligned better. My question is now every time I come to a slow stop, when you apply the brakes lightly it makes a very loud moaning noise. It sounds like a bunch of whales are in the back seat.

Is it possible I don't have the rotor and calipers aligned up good enough still?

Or is it possible the dragging brakes from before created some other problem to the brakes or rotors? Like the got overheated or something like that?
Old 12-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just changed my rear brakes, rotors and pads because they were making noise. Now it is still making a high pitched vibration at low speeds. Gets worse the hotter it gets. I'm seeing alot of people with the same problem but no aswers.
Anybody have anything on this???
Old 01-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This probably won't help you but I once got this very loud moaning noise when I mounted the brake pads inside-out (no not with the friction surface to the outside but the inner pad on the outside and the outer pad on the inside of the caliper).

Quick Reply: Brake Moan Noise