Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS issue (part deux)

Old 01-14-2013, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ABS issue (part deux)

I replaced my ABS module about 2 weeks ago and it was amazing having abs and ASR back. And more importantly not having my ABS INOP, BRAKE and ASR OFF lights on.

My ABS INOP and ASR OFF lights came back on last night, then this morning were off but come lunch time are back on...

My Brake light is not on, just ABS INOP and ASR and i know for a fact were functional this morning... any ideas why they are back on, and why only those two and not all three are back? Any thing to check?
Old 01-15-2013, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

I pulled all the fuses related to abs or tcs and inspected them, unplugged the abs module and sprayed electric cleaner, disconnected the battery and left it over night, this morning my lights were off.

They came back on when i left work for lunch and turned off midway to where i ate. turned the car off and back on and they were off still..

Im not sure what is going on to cause it to work and then turn back on and then back off.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

Check the harness that goes into the passenger front wheel . The back of the hub
Old 01-16-2013, 02:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Camaraderie
Check the harness that goes into the passenger front wheel . The back of the hub

It was off all day until I took a left turn sharply and it came on... Then this morning back off.

So i think some connection or something is causing it. I think sharp fast turns are causing it
Old 01-23-2013, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Im stumped, i have not been able to find out what is causing this, It just is really weird that only those two lights are on.

Could it be that my ABS pump is bad? i replaced the brains, but left my original pump?

Could the brake fluid need to be changed?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ABS issue (part deux)