Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need a little help...

Old 02-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need a little help...

Ok, so I have a 6speed 98 ss. At the track it won't hook at all. Its on M/T et street bias ply tires and skinnies. I have stock front shocks and rear bilstein. Stock springs. I'm thinking I need to invest in some shocks. Thinking Strange da front with 300lb spring and strange sa in the rear. Now what would be an advantage to getting da in the rear too? Obviously thinking sa for a lower cost, is it worth the extra coin? The car is a sunny day driver/cruiser and ocasional track time. Looking to get it to hook much better. Best run 12.01 and 60' was around 1.9 if i remember correctly. Shooting for mid 11's. Thanks
Old 02-22-2013, 04:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PAULZ98SS
Ok, so I have a 6speed 98 ss. At the track it won't hook at all. Its on M/T et street bias ply tires and skinnies. I have stock front shocks and rear bilstein. Stock springs. I'm thinking I need to invest in some shocks. Thinking Strange da front with 300lb spring and strange sa in the rear. Now what would be an advantage to getting da in the rear too? Obviously thinking sa for a lower cost, is it worth the extra coin? The car is a sunny day driver/cruiser and ocasional track time. Looking to get it to hook much better. Best run 12.01 and 60' was around 1.9 if i remember correctly. Shooting for mid 11's. Thanks
We have a nice Viking kit with 300lb fronts, and DA on all four corners.

For street and occasional strip, you should be fine with your factory rear springs.

DA's in the rear are nice because you have full control over the tire hit (compression setting) and how long the weight transfer stays back there (rebound setting). With 19 adjustments on each channel you can tune to your hearts content and make changes as the car gets faster and needs different damping.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=744

ramey
Old 02-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Ramey. I haven't heard of viking shocks. Are these made by UMI?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need a little help...