Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Negative camber fix

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Negative camber fix

Maybe I have a bad alignment done by the alignment shop, im not sure. Last year when I was taking my wheels off the car for a good cleaning I saw that the tires are finally starting to wear fairly uneaven due to a decent amount of negative camber I have on the front wheels. I am lowered on LG G2's, so fairly low ride height.

Do you guys think it is a bad alignment or I am in need of some adjustable upper or lower arms to improve it.

If I need some arms what is the best way to improve the negative camber, adjustable lowers, uppers, or both?

I just want to improve it slightly so the tires wear a bit more evenly but it doesn't have to be a factory spec, I am OK with some negative camber.

I use the car mainly for street driving but enjoy some time on the autocross and open track when I get a chance but it is 95% of the time driven on the street only and my track time is for fun only not setting the world on fire with great track times. All of that being said what is the best suggestion you can give on what the camber should be.

Thanks for your help.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

The only way to know for sure is have it put on an alignment machine to see where everything is. Whoever did it might have just put it in the green and let it go.

How many miles are on the car since it was aligned? From your sig I can tell that you aren't able to rotate your tires.

Next time you are under your car look to see if the lower control arms mounting bolts are pushed all the way towards the center of the car. If they are in the center or close you should have some adjustment left in you camber. If not then its maxed out and may need adjustable lowers. IMO there's not point in buying adjustable uppers.

Hope this helps some.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

IMO alignment!
I've ran up to -1.5* camber with no uneven tire wear ob my DD.
I bet your alignment has to much toe-out. I would suggest finding a shop that will do custom alignments.
BTW, I like to run at least -.5* but less than -1*camber, and caster in the 4-5* range.

Quick Reply: Negative camber fix