Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

opinions on SFCs

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions on SFCs

so im new to this whole forum thing but i wanted to ask the people who have experience with SFCS in an f body mine is a 99 z28 and was looking to do a cage SFCS and other suspension modifications to improve the handling of this car the way it sits right now is a very good suspension setup and love it but would like to stiffen it up as much as possible for track time also this is a t-top car and input on this subject would be greatly appreciated like what brand to go with would like to do a bolt in setup

Thanks Tom
Old 03-30-2013, 05:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

SFCS were one of the first things I did when I got my ride
Old 03-30-2013, 05:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by z28_Tom
so im new to this whole forum thing but i wanted to ask the people who have experience with SFCS in an f body mine is a 99 z28 and was looking to do a cage SFCS and other suspension modifications to improve the handling of this car the way it sits right now is a very good suspension setup and love it but would like to stiffen it up as much as possible for track time also this is a t-top car and input on this subject would be greatly appreciated like what brand to go with would like to do a bolt in setup

Thanks Tom
Seriously try a search, this topic (and the general topic of improving handling) has been covered countless times, and threads like this appear pretty much daily.
If you want to improve handling the single best thing you can do first is get a good set of shocks, nothing will make a bigger difference, period.
shocks>springs/swaybars>wattslink>anything else.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:29 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

I don't know if it's SFC week or what, but we currently have five threads about subframe connectors on the first page of this forum - including one that was started in 2007!
As JD said, read some of the existing threads, there's plenty of info and opinion out there already.

Any new threads on SFC opinions are going to be locked down until some of these clear out.

Quick Reply: opinions on SFCs