Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Want to build my own torque arm, few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to build my own torque arm, few questions.

Hello all. Quick disclaimer: I enjoy building my own. I have the fab skills, tools, and time. That being said, I am building an 8.8 axle and I am thinking of making a torque arm like the Maximum Motorsports setup for the Mustangs. I basically hijacked the idea from user Gimme who used the Maximum arm in his 8.8 build. He has a good build thread here. Rather than buy the Mustang piece and make it fit, I want to build one similar to fit the car. I am not sure what size and thickness material to go with.

I also know enough to know the front bushing vertical location affects something. But I don't know what it affects. I plan on putting a bushing end (like the LCA) mount on the trans cross member to remove the load from the side of the trans. From what I have read, a long arm is best for my planned use of the car (leisure driving w/ occasional track time and I want to try autocross).

So, to recap, anyone have dimensions on the Maximum Motorsports arm? Front bushing mount location? Anyone else built one similar? Better ideas? Thanks everybody.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Launching!

You all are hurting me. No one has any input? Update: I found the Mustang guys build their own torque arm for the 8.8's. I contacted a guy that built his own and got some info from him. I will keep everyone posted.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Launching!

Please be sure to post up your progress on this, I am very interested in how your TA turns out, I've been tossing this idea around for my car for a little bit.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Launching!

Not a problem. Going to be a slow process though. The rear axle got pushed down the list a bit today, I picked up a set of headers and y pipe off CL for cheap.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Regulator
Please be sure to post up your progress on this, I am very interested in how your TA turns out, I've been tossing this idea around for my car for a little bit.
+1

tech been lazy lately tbh.

Quick Reply: Want to build my own torque arm, few questions.