Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What should i do now?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should i do now?

I just started modding my stock SS. My car is street driven and my driving style leans toward corner carving. So far I have focused on my suspension and I have rod-rod LCA's, rod-rod Panhard bar, and Strano springs. What should I do next, SFC's, front control arms, torque arm, ect?
thanks guys
Old 04-16-2013, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

What shocks do you have now?
Old 04-16-2013, 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm going to highly suggest Koni SA shocks, then Strano sway-bars.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Yeah, I'd have to hear what shocks first.

I think, if I can assume the list is complete that was given, you want to do shocks, sway bars, and a Watts link as the next 3 things.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Staging Lane

Tanks Mr.Strano for dropping in, by the way I love the springs. right now I am running KYB AGX shocks. I am only running these because I have nothing in them. I do want to upgrade to either Bilsteins or Koni DA's, but I'm not in the biggest of hurry for them because of the new free AGX's. I know the KYB's compared to others mentioned are crap. if the Konis will render a big enough difference to take the AGX's off and buy a set of Koni's are there a lot of difference in the versatility of the SA's vs DA's
Old 04-17-2013, 11:33 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Whoa there big fella... Bilstein's or Koni DA aren't even close to similar. And the AGX's are so not good that I'd be telling you to get in on this Koni sale while you can for either SA's or DA's (and to be honest I think DA's are overkill in most cases).

Yes, the Koni's are that much better than AGX's. Look at it this way, for the sale price of Koni's and the fact the AGX's were free... you can sell off the AGX's and have not a lot of money wrapped up in upgrading. But once the sale is over (and that time is drawing ever nearer) the Koni's go up quite a bit.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Whoa there big fella... Bilstein's or Koni DA aren't even close to similar. And the AGX's are so not good that I'd be telling you to get in on this Koni sale while you can for either SA's or DA's (and to be honest I think DA's are overkill in most cases).

Yes, the Koni's are that much better than AGX's. Look at it this way, for the sale price of Koni's and the fact the AGX's were free... you can sell off the AGX's and have not a lot of money wrapped up in upgrading. But once the sale is over (and that time is drawing ever nearer) the Koni's go up quite a bit.
I do like the sale price of those, however I need to see if my "car funds" will allow for me to drop that amount right away. I noticed you have the Bilstein's for a good price as well. I don't want to buy parts twice so are these Bilstein's anywhere near the caliber of the Koni's?
Old 04-17-2013, 03:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Bilstein quality if very good, and much better than KYB. However the performance isn't there like it is in a Koni. Simply put, a Bilstein is pretty much like a Koni (not exactly the same but similar) at full soft..... but if you talk to those with Koni's, you'd be hard-pressed to find many running them full soft. Anyone who has Koni's has the option to do so if they preferred it, but it's not at all common.

Quick Reply: What should i do now?