Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

matching swaybars

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default matching swaybars

To start off, I used the search, and didn't find the answer I'm looking for.

Anyways I'm looking for a rear swaybar. I was originally thinking of a 21mm 1LE bar, but then after reading, I may want to go bigger. Suggestions.

I have a 35mm ST front bar with cut stock springs. Eventually I'll be going with lowering springs and better shocks. I'll probably go with a lighter spring (less spring rate) and keep the bigger sway bar so that the highway driving isn't comprimised too much. My goal is to set it up for autocrossing.

I haven't autocrossed for awhile (been concentrating on drag racing, but I hit my goal, so I'm moving on to autocross) with the stock setup (as I'm sure most of you autocrossers know) the car pushes in the corners like a big fat pig. I am now thinking that by going with a 1LE bar, it will retain this understeer tendency, and that by going with something like a 24mm bar, I may be able to tame this down a bit? Am I on the right track?

Thanks
Old 04-23-2004, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most people will tell you the same thing, 21mm to 24mm is a personal preferance and will be influenced by your driving style. Some feel the 24mm causes the rear to be a bit loose and even suggest dropping to a stock 19mm. I like my setup primarliy since it helped with some of the fishtailing.

Quick Reply: matching swaybars