Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help with MWC Tunnel MountTorque Arm Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with MWC Tunnel MountTorque Arm Install

I have a MWC tunnel mount torque arm for a true dual exhaust setup. I have searched, but unable to find any good pictures of this torque arm installed. I would also call MWC, but I need to get the TA on this weekend to make a dyno appointment next week. Here are a few pictures of the TA and Mount:

Questions
1. Does the TA install with the adjustor/long side toward the ground or toward the car?

2. The pivot link on the forward mount hits the tunnel when installed. I have noticed in some pictures this has a pivot link with 4 holes and some show it with 2 holes. Do I need to get a new pivot link or cut this one to fit?

3. Is the bracket on the rear of the TA that bolts to the rear end on backwards?

4. Which set of holes is used on the bracket with a Moser Standard 9"? How much grinding is usually needed to make it fit?
Old 05-04-2013, 06:57 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you have it assembled correct for the duals crossmember, however it looks like we sent you the wrong link as it has 4 hole and should only have 2, thus the tunnel contact. The two links are the same basic thing, just one you have is longer by two holes. We can get you switched out no problem, but if you are in a time crunch then simply cut off the two top holes and run it that way.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

Maybe I'm confused but isn't the torque arm upside down? I thought the adjuster is suppose to be on the bottom?
Old 02-02-2014, 04:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silverls1z28ofdeath
Maybe I'm confused but isn't the torque arm upside down? I thought the adjuster is suppose to be on the bottom?
Grave bump. Mine was installed like above, is it upside down?
Old 02-03-2014, 12:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

My MWC torque arm (long arm mounted to trans x-member) has the adjuster on the bottom. You could call or email Eric to verify the setup for a short arm.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Did you get the issue straightened out? I'm in the same boat as you right now. I have the two hole on the cross member but with the adjustment up top it makes it very difficult to adjust it, and with the adjustment on bottom the torque arm is hitting the floor.

Adam
Old 04-14-2014, 02:50 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Due to the extreme height of the front mounting point for the duals crossmember only, the arm is inverted and the adjuster is on top. All other arms have the adjuster on the bottom.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ssvert99
Due to the extreme height of the front mounting point for the duals crossmember only, the arm is inverted and the adjuster is on top. All other arms have the adjuster on the bottom.
Sorry to bump an old thread. I recently bought a MWC true dual tunnel mount torque arm setup and installed it. It come bolted together and the adjustment is on the bottom along with the front rod end on bottom. I had some trouble as it was a tight fit but was searching and found this thread. My arm is mounted opposite of the first pic in this thread. Just wanted to verify.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:33 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ernie W
Sorry to bump an old thread. I recently bought a MWC true dual tunnel mount torque arm setup and installed it. It come bolted together and the adjustment is on the bottom along with the front rod end on bottom. I had some trouble as it was a tight fit but was searching and found this thread. My arm is mounted opposite of the first pic in this thread. Just wanted to verify.
If you are running the Tsp true dual setup the adjuster has to go to the top.

Quick Reply: Help with MWC Tunnel MountTorque Arm Install