Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Alignment issue after subframe connectors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Alignment issue after subframe connectors?

I recently installed bilsteins and a prokit to my 96 TA. I knew I needed an alignment after dropping it but I was waiting for new tires. The car still drove straight. Got new tires and drove to an exhaust shop by my house to get my sfcs from founders welded in. I was going to install them in my driveway but I decided to just have a shop do it with a drive on 4 post lift. After I left the shop the car pulled pretty hard to the left. I thought that it was just because the alignment was more noticeable since the front and rear were tired together now. Got it aligned yesterday and it still pulls to the left, not as bad though. I dont have the specs with me but the shop had the car pretty much dead on with the alignment. What do you think the problem is? Should I take it back to the exhaust shop and have them cut the welds on the drivers side and re-weld them now that the alignment is done?
Old 05-04-2013, 12:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Now that the "new" tires have a few miles on them, you might have developed what's called "radial pull". Swap the front tires side to side, and see if it goes away.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry should have specified that the new nitto drags went on the rear. The "old" less than 5k mile rear nitto 555 tires went on the front. I just dont know how it drove straight before the sfcs now it pulls to the left directly after the sfc install.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Huntr1117
Sorry should have specified that the new nitto drags went on the rear. The "old" less than 5k mile rear nitto 555 tires went on the front. I just dont know how it drove straight before the sfcs now it pulls to the left directly after the sfc install.
Still, you can swap the tires, and see if it straightens out....

Quick Reply: Alignment issue after subframe connectors?