Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear end alignment help guys please!!! look

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear end alignment help guys please!!! look

Ok so i put pro-kit in my car along with founders lca's, relocation brackets and a founders double adjustable phb. Put it on and tuned it, everything looked good and flush, the wheel spacing at my rear bumper was even i both sides ect.... So i bring it to my friends shop today i watch him zero the rear end then continue to the front. My car isnt pulling left anymore but now the rear end is uneven, i look at the left tire from the back and its a inch over more than the right tire and the left also has more wheel gap now. I know i can simply adjust my phb and it will look centered once again but my real question is , is this going to F my alignment up if i go and a re-center it? If the machine reads dead on the rear whats going on? is my frame kinked somewhere? The other question is can i center the rear by eye again and somehow align the front to work with the back even if the machine said it was idk 7 off at the start ? i wanna say. dont ask me what 7 means i dont know i just saw him put the machine on it and it was 7 over to the right and watched it go down to 0 as he adjusted it. Any help would be great just want to know if i re center my rear is my car gonna pull left again-thanks
Old 05-07-2013, 08:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Re-Centering it may effect the alignment; do you have adjustable LCAs as well or no?

Personally, I'd re-center the rear end, and see how the car performs, it shouldn't effect the pull to the left or right, if it does, then you will need to adjust your LCAs if you have adjustable, if not, you may need adjustable LCAs.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To the OP.....You need to use a couple of plumb bobs, or something similar, hanging by fishing line, taped to the rear quarter panels, with the plumbs hanging over the center of the wheels. Adjust your PHB until the distance from the fishing line to the edge of the rear rims, is equal on both sides of the car. Then get the car back on the alignment rack, and set the rear toe to "zero", by tweaking the length of your LCAs (they are, the adjustable ones, correct?).

Quick Reply: Rear end alignment help guys please!!! look