Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni's concern's help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 02:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Koni's concern's help?

hey there,

I'm about to get the F4/F4 w/BMR lower springs setup already going to get poly/rod relo's adj phb's, adj lca's.

now the concern is the adjust-ability its only stiffness of the shocks that you can adjust. true?

anyway, i figured once the car is lowered, at least in my country i need a certain height to get the car over the ramp's, testing, vehicle registration (yes if you lower the car too much here it won't pass) & it will hit the ground in brake testing, hell it already won't pass cause it has header's installed.

so do the double adjustable, allow you to adjust ride height? or does any Koni shock?

i do realize that the most drop factor here is the spring's.

what could i do? any suggestions , idea's would surely be helpful.

Thanks
Old 05-05-2013, 02:45 PM
On The Tree

The Koni's have two perch positions on the shocks themselves. Make sure to use the upper perch to replicate stock. Other than that your ride height will be determined by the springs, and in some cases aftermarket lower A-Arms can be ordered with a drop as well. Hope that helps.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by AmDWs6
hey there,

I'm about to get the F4/F4 w/BMR lower springs setup already going to get poly/rod relo's adj phb's, adj lca's.

now the concern is the adjust-ability its only stiffness of the shocks that you can adjust. true?

anyway, i figured once the car is lowered, at least in my country i need a certain height to get the car over the ramp's, testing, vehicle registration (yes if you lower the car too much here it won't pass) & it will hit the ground in brake testing, hell it already won't pass cause it has header's installed.

so do the double adjustable, allow you to adjust ride height? or does any Koni shock?

i do realize that the most drop factor here is the spring's.

what could i do? any suggestions , idea's would surely be helpful.

Thanks
The adjust ability of the SA shocks are rebound only (this is not "stiffness"), the double adjustable adjust both rebound(how quickly the shock extends) and compression(how quickly the shock compresses) separately.
How much are you allowed to drop the car?
And no, it won't "hit the ground" when braking. The much better dampening the shocks provide combined with the stiffer springs rates will have nose dive almost gone completely. If you want even less then look into some nice balanced 35mm front /22mm rear swaybars (stranoparts or umi).
Old 05-05-2013, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
The adjust ability of the SA shocks are rebound only (this is not "stiffness"), the double adjustable adjust both rebound(how quickly the shock extends) and compression(how quickly the shock compresses) separately.
How much are you allowed to drop the car?
And no, it won't "hit the ground" when braking. The much better dampening the shocks provide combined with the stiffer springs rates will have nose dive almost gone completely. If you want even less then look into some nice balanced 35mm front /22mm rear swaybars (stranoparts or umi).
There isn't any number, its like this as long as the vehicle clear's the whole and the braking hole and the ramp then you're clear. (Basically) depends on their mood.

I didn't mean the car would hit the ground but there's a hole for the tires to go into for "testing the car's brakes". So if the car is lowered when the car goes in the hole it would hit the ground, kind of like a dynojet that's in a hole.

Other than that I don't care how much of a drop, the issue most likely here is how would I be able to get more ground clearance.

Btw did anyone order the F4/F4 w/ springs and happen to know the shipment weight?

Thanks again

Quick Reply: Koni's concern's help?