Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rack Dr. manual rack - A+

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 03:32 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Rack Dr. manual rack - A+

Well, I just got done installing a factory rack from the Rack Dr. which was converted to manual. Fit and finish was great, and the shipping was quick as well. Just thought I'd throw a post out there, because for less than 300 bucks, it's a great deal.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does it drive and feel while driving? I thought about picking one up for mine. Just not much info out there. I have been on the fence for a while and almost ordered it 3 times. Just not 100% sure yet.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SMOKNSS
How does it drive and feel while driving? I thought about picking one up for mine. Just not much info out there. I have been on the fence for a while and almost ordered it 3 times. Just not 100% sure yet.
I'm not gonna lie, with 275's in the front, if the car isn't moving, it's kind of a bitch. The stock turning radius is still there, though, and once you get going, it's almost like the power rack. My car is a garage queen, so I'm not daily driving it. I think for the price, it can't be beat. Just plug and play, no welding necessary, as with some other manual racks.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:43 AM
Launching!

Do they slow the ratio down as well? From experience, I prefer a manual 10 out of 10 times in normal driving as long as the ratio isn't too high (lots of steering wheel turn for wheel turn). The ratio gives you more power to turn the wheels at the cost of taking more steering wheel turn to actually turn the wheels. There's a good balance point in there somewhere...
Old 05-22-2013, 08:16 AM
TECH Resident

ratio is same as stock...I talked to Rich at Rack Doctor before ordering mine, ended up ordering another power unit. He indicated that he may stop making the manual racks in the near future, apparently he puts a lot of time into each one. That being said, I am happy with the rebuild I got!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:11 AM
Launching!

Yep, that's really the only downside...the ratio being the same so it's not quite as easy to steer as a dedicated manual rack. Still, retention of the stock ratio is nice, so you don't have to do the 1st/reverse switch too many times...

Quick Reply: Rack Dr. manual rack - A+