Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Does adjustment on the LCAs, PHB, and torque arm have any affect on 60 fts. and ETs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 01:05 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Does adjustment on the LCAs, PHB, and torque arm have any affect on 60 fts. and ETs?

Just wondering if I should consider adjusting my suspension to cure my bad 60 ft. times. Ive tried different air pressures, rpm launches, settings on the Hals, different lengths of time in the burnout box, etc., but still no improvement. I was wondering if the adjustment on the rest of the suspension had any affect and if so, how much? Thanks.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A PHR won't affect launches.

LCAs should be at stock sized setting (unless needed to be changed). Try relocation brackets though. For a cheap mod like this, it may make a big difference.

You can adjust the pinion angle on the tq arm to see what works best for you. I have no experience with adjusting one yet, so hopefully someone else will chime in.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:58 AM

The whole geometry play's a big roll in this. A fully adjustable set up will have alot of effect on your launches as you have to just fine your mark as all cars are different. Hp, weight, etc. I would say the main adjustment would be your pinion angle on the tq arm. Try -3 then so on..We tune at the track everytime, shock settings, pinion angle. It also has alot to do with weather conditions/track conditions as well. Good luck!!!!
Old 04-27-2004, 06:35 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the LCAs and PHB, I set them to the stock length. What benefit do the LCA relocation brackets do? I could be wrong, but I thought that they were for car that were lowered?

BADZ: How come you adjust everytime that you go to the track? I thought once you found the best setting, you stick with it. Also, you said to try -3 and then so on...would that mean -4 or -2? Whats the correct way to measure the angle? What settings do you run on the shocks? What shocks do you run by the way? Thanks.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:53 PM

As you know, track and weather conditions vary. We only adj the pinion angle + or -3 starting at 0 and use a pinion checker. Of course the car has to be completely square and the driver in it when adjusting. We have travel limiters on the front and run the hals at 7-10 and the rears at 4-7, again depends on the weather...
Old 04-27-2004, 06:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lowered cars need them worse than stock, but
all benefit from a geometry that forces the rear
to plant instead of lift. A stock-height car would
simply have even better hook. But for lowered
they're a "must" (unless you're more about show
than go).

The torque arm and LCAs' angles both play into
this. The LCAs are more straightforward to move
mount points on, than the TA (this piece being
under some heavy stress).