Rear Spring + Sway Bar & Torque Arm

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 06:30 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear Spring + Sway Bar & Torque Arm

Hi Guys,

Daily Driver with ROD's because = RANDOM OVERTAKING DAILY

Current Suspension:- All Stock + Front Sway bar!+ Founders (PHB & PH Relocation + LCA & Relocation (ROD/ROD everything). Now I know how my Sway bar links got lose a week later

I got at home :-
1. QA1 Single ADJ F SERIES Front Coil overs & Rear Shocks along with 300lb springs for the fronts.
2. UMI Front UPPER & LOWER - ADJUSTABLE A-ARMS

Help & Suggestions:-

1. Suggestions on new rear springs (Currently some yellow crap springs is on the car) - Something that wouldn't ruin the stance with a 295/45/18 or 28.4" tire

2. Suggestions on Rear DRAG Bar + End freakin links- (UMI & BMR)

3. Suggestions on ADJ Torque Arm - (UMI & BMR)

(Possible rear upgrade within the next year)
Old 06-11-2013, 09:45 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaperchild
Hi Guys,

Daily Driver with ROD's because = RANDOM OVERTAKING DAILY

Current Suspension:- All Stock + Front Sway bar!+ Founders (PHB & PH Relocation + LCA & Relocation (ROD/ROD everything). Now I know how my Sway bar links got lose a week later

I got at home :-
1. QA1 Single ADJ F SERIES Front Coil overs & Rear Shocks along with 300lb springs for the fronts.
2. UMI Front UPPER & LOWER - ADJUSTABLE A-ARMS

Help & Suggestions:-

1. Suggestions on new rear springs (Currently some yellow crap springs is on the car) - Something that wouldn't ruin the stance with a 295/45/18 or 28.4" tire

2. Suggestions on Rear DRAG Bar + End freakin links- (UMI & BMR)

3. Suggestions on ADJ Torque Arm - (UMI & BMR)

(Possible rear upgrade within the next year)
We have our BMR lowering springs available in pairs so just the rear lowering springs can be purchased. Our rear BMR lowering springs (SP003) will lower the car 1.25" and with the right offset wheel and a little clearancing of the inner fender well you will have the performance along with the good looks.

As far as ease of installation and performance goes it is hard to beat our BMR xtreme anti-roll bars. They are 100% bolt-in with no welding required so the installation is about as easy as it can be. Our BMR xtreme anti-roll comes as a complete kit so there is nothing else needed for the install.

You can't go wrong with either adjustable torque arm honestly but I personally prefer the design of our rear mounting bracket a little better but both are quality pieces.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 06-12-2013, 07:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
You can't go wrong with either adjustable torque arm honestly but I personally prefer the design of our rear mounting bracket a little better but both are quality pieces.
regarding torque arms as the OP stated & is also my way, if i'm getting a rear end say a 9" or any other out there in the market wouldn't leaving the torque arm be until i get the rear end? to make sure which one fits my rear end?

assuming both me & the OP are sooner or later going to change our 10 bolts.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:41 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by AmDWs6
regarding torque arms as the OP stated & is also my way, if i'm getting a rear end say a 9" or any other out there in the market wouldn't leaving the torque arm be until i get the rear end? to make sure which one fits my rear end?

assuming both me & the OP are sooner or later going to change our 10 bolts.
Any of our BMR torque arms will fit the 10 bolt or any of the aftermarket options out there with a little trimming of the mounting bracket where the torque arm mounts to the rear end. With both the 12 bolt rear ends and the Dana 60 rear ends that rear bracket has to be trimmed to get the torque arm to mount up because of the way the rear ends are cast. On most of the 9 inch rear ends our torque arms should bolt up without any trimming of the bracket. So if you buy a torque arm while you have a 10 bolt it will swap over to your aftermarket rear end with a little trimming of the mounting bracket at the most and this one of the reason we have two sets of holes in our torque arm brackets.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 06-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Launching!

Question

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
Any of our BMR torque arms will fit the 10 bolt or any of the aftermarket options out there with a little trimming of the mounting bracket where the torque arm mounts to the rear end. With both the 12 bolt rear ends and the Dana 60 rear ends that rear bracket has to be trimmed to get the torque arm to mount up because of the way the rear ends are cast. On most of the 9 inch rear ends our torque arms should bolt up without any trimming of the bracket. So if you buy a torque arm while you have a 10 bolt it will swap over to your aftermarket rear end with a little trimming of the mounting bracket at the most and this one of the reason we have two sets of holes in our torque arm brackets.
Great info Kyle, what about the Roll-bar ... ?
How compatible is it with Dana 60 Vs Strange or 9" rear ends ?

Last edited by Reaperchild; 06-12-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Rear Spring + Sway Bar & Torque Arm