Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LCA relocation brackets...which hole?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 08:49 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LCA relocation brackets...which hole?

My car has these, but has stock shocks/springs so stock ride height.

Right now the brackets are in the middle hole. Is this optimum for the drag strip or no?

Thanks
Old 06-26-2013, 09:05 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by streetknight2
My car has these, but has stock shocks/springs so stock ride height.

Right now the brackets are in the middle hole. Is this optimum for the drag strip or no?

Thanks
There is no optimum hole that works for everybody but since you are at factory ride height I would recommend starting with the lower control arms one hole up from the very bottom hole which should be the middle hole depending on what LCA relocation brackets you are using. If it doesn't launch like you want it to you can always move it around but make sure you make a couple of passes at the track before you make too many changes.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:14 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I'll try messing with it when I get to the track Friday. The car just didn't seem to transfer well and couldn't leave on the spray. It did have one of the big anti roll bars under it. I unhooked it and now the car seems to drive a lot better, so I'm gonna try launching with it unhooked to see.

I may also be interested in getting some new springs to lower the car a little and maybe some adjustable shocks. I want to keep the car a driver, but when I put the 275/60's on it, it's really tight at the edges of the wheel wells, appear it would have a little more room if the car was lowered a little and fill up the wheel wells. Would look a lot better.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:31 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by streetknight2
Thanks for the reply. I'll try messing with it when I get to the track Friday. The car just didn't seem to transfer well and couldn't leave on the spray. It did have one of the big anti roll bars under it. I unhooked it and now the car seems to drive a lot better, so I'm gonna try launching with it unhooked to see.

I may also be interested in getting some new springs to lower the car a little and maybe some adjustable shocks. I want to keep the car a driver, but when I put the 275/60's on it, it's really tight at the edges of the wheel wells, appear it would have a little more room if the car was lowered a little and fill up the wheel wells. Would look a lot better.
Not a problem. Definitely play around with where you mount the lower control arm at because you may find one of the other holes is a better option for you. I would think the car should launch much better with the anti-roll bar hooked up versus unhooked and I am sure it drives much better with it unhooked because those anti-roll bars are so stiff that some of them tend to be not so street friendly. A good set of shocks would really help with the weight transfer because those factory shocks are mediocre at best.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: LCA relocation brackets...which hole?