Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Replacement Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 02:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Rotors

Can anyone recommend a good high quality replacement rotor for my 01 WS6? Can has 11,000 miles on it and the rotors are already warped. Incredible....

Is there something better than say the stick Napa rotors or are they all pretty much the same?

Thanks!!
Old 06-27-2013, 03:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

You could buy some Brembo blanks. They are the same size as stock rotors and made by Brembo. My car eats rotors every couple of years because of the brake compound I use, so I don't go out of my way for rotors.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drilled and slotted rotors are worthless, I honestly went with OE blanks.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

I prefer to use BRAKEMOTIVE. $172 shipped to my door for 4 rotors and 2 sets of pads. They are coated so they dont rust easily and theat will help with the warping. Just make sure your pins arent seized that will cause the rotors to warp which my be the case with yours. Just my .02 cents
Old 06-27-2013, 04:56 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by ds2011
Car has 11,000 miles on it and the rotors are already warped.
normal

The good news is that just about anything will be better than what came from the factory.

The rest depends on what you are going to do with the car. Race it? Rub it down as a garage queen? Take it out for spirited drives on the weekends?

If you aren't going to race the car and will keep it on its low mileage trajectory, you have many options.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just purchased Brakemotive blanks. I should have them on tomorrow. I'll post back to let you know how they are.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

I was impressed with mine. They fit perfect and are quiet. I used their ceramic pads and have almost no dust whatsoever
Old 06-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Rotoworks are decent as well. You can get them slotted, drilled, slotted/drilled. $169 from WS6Store.

The best stock replacements come from Racing Brake. $572 for the pair.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:40 AM
Teching In

The brake ducts I use are the Severn ducts. The link above seems to be dead now. I thought the design was good. If they are no longer available they could be fabbed up by anyone with a welder and a little skill. Really just a little skill. I modified mine to use 2.5 inch ducts, 3in had limited clearance and weren't necessary.

As far as warped rotors, I don't think anybody has warped rotors. They have rotors with pad material on the rotor. Thats normal. That's why we bed in the brakes. We lay brake material on the rotor. For track, it's best to keep the same pads with the same rotors. Sure it's a pain, but if you're just doing a few events a season and have to prep the car anyways its no big deal.
If you have warped rotors, get on the highway and do some 90 to 55 braking. Don't hammer the brake pedal, smooth hard engagement. Go 4 or 5 times. The material is smoothed out and there is no more vibration. I've done this with a lot of friends cars. I realized this when my camaro had "warped " rotors and I did my first open track day in the car. By my 3rd lap the brakes were fixed.
I get spider cracks from heat, not warpage. When the cracks look too bad I put on new stock stock style rotors.
Quick tip: Porterfield Raybestos brakes are custom. They cut the material and backing plates and make the pad. It's not a perfect fit and they need to be filed a little bit so they can slide freely. No big deal although it worried me a little bit first time I did it. Without filing they are super tight, hard to install and the ears on the backing plate will bend a bit. The pad will not wear evenly. I've told them about this twice so far.
Good luck everyone with the Covid situation. Everyone should get a project going with the extra time.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:46 AM
Teching In

Hmm, this app on my phone posted the above to this related thread. The rotor stuff is still applicable. Raybestos or oem equivalent rotor and Porterfield R4S for street and occasional track. They are more dusty than stock.

Quick Reply: Replacement Rotors