Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

founders performance advise

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 06:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default founders performance advise

My Camaro is lowered with eibach springs. Im getting an adjustable panhard bar and lca relocation brackets and lca's.... should i get poly on both ends of the panhard and the adjustable on car? or tie rods on both ends? the panhard only travels up and down so it doesn't need swivel tie rod joints right? but i will be getting the lower control arms with one side poly and one side tie rod and adjustable on car. what do you guys think? car is mostly track car has Hoosiers 26x10.5 15 and 4.10s with mini spool around 440 horse so should i get poly on both ends of the panhard, keep viberations down also? and should i get poly/rod end adjustable on car for the lca?? thanks!!!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Technically the panhard also has forward/back motion as the axle swings (the LCAs move in an arch, so the rear end doesn't go straight up and down but has an arc to it, so the panhard has to follow that arc).

That being said, I ended up putting poly on both ends of my panhard and so far it seems OK. If they had the rotational joints available for the panhard I would have done that (I don't want any rod ends on my car).
Old 07-12-2013, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Technically the panhard also has forward/back motion as the axle swings (the LCAs move in an arch, so the rear end doesn't go straight up and down but has an arc to it, so the panhard has to follow that arc).

That being said, I ended up putting poly on both ends of my panhard and so far it seems OK. If they had the rotational joints available for the panhard I would have done that (I don't want any rod ends on my car).
why not?
Old 07-12-2013, 11:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Noise and harshness.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Z28harcor
why not?
Noise and harshness.
I have the double adjustable rod/rod ended PHB and I wonder where the noise and harshness that everyone else talks about.

Granted mine isn't a daily driver, but it gets driven hard from time to time.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NVH increases with rod ends on PHB but not at the rate that it does with lower control arms. The PHB is much more forgiving.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I've never had a noise issue with rod-ends on the phb, and my car is a DD.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:56 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

I'd do their Poly-Joint on the LCAs. That's what I have and they are fine. Big step up in performance without the NVH penalty.

For the PHB, I'd just do Poly Bushings unless you need no play at all in the suspension.

Quick Reply: founders performance advise