Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

cts-v brakes and 17" Z06 wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 12:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cts-v brakes and 17" Z06 wheels?

I could not find much through the search function, but does anyone know if the 4 piston ctsv caliper upgrade will fit inside a stock speedline Z06 wheel? I already ground the caliper slightly to fit inside my OEwheels zr1s, but I am looking for another set of wheels for the track.

Thanks in advance
Old 07-30-2013, 12:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cep39
I could not find much through the search function, but does anyone know if the 4 piston ctsv caliper upgrade will fit inside a stock speedline Z06 wheel? I already ground the caliper slightly to fit inside my OEwheels zr1s, but I am looking for another set of wheels for the track.

Thanks in advance
Should fit with no issues, I run both sets of wheels with my C6 brakes. More clearance on the spokes with the Z06.

Did you run a spacer in the front?

What brakes did you have prior to the Ctsv's and how do they compare?

What pads are you running?

What pads were you running?

Have you been on track with this setup?

How long do pads last in a HPDE environment?

How much power do you have?

How much do you weigh?

Needless to say, I am thinking about this swap but no one seems to have REALLY beat this setup up on track yet.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Teching In

I am using a 1" hub centric spacer in order to clear the calipers with the zr1s. I switched from stock brakes with no name drilled rotors and hawk hps pads to 2010 camaro rotors and hps pads with the ctsv setup. The car has a couple of bolt ons and a tune, so essentially making stock power and does not have any weight reduction. I am planning on doing my first track day in a couple of weeks so I will see what happens, but the difference is pretty drastic on the street so far.

Does anyone know for sure if 17" z06 wheels will fit with ctsv calipers?
Old 08-05-2013, 03:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am using a 1" hub centric spacer in order to clear the calipers with the zr1s. I switched from stock brakes with no name drilled rotors and hawk hps pads to 2010 camaro rotors and hps pads with the ctsv setup. The car has a couple of bolt ons and a tune, so essentially making stock power and does not have any weight reduction. I am planning on doing my first track day in a couple of weeks so I will see what happens, but the difference is pretty drastic on the street so far.

That spacer is gonne be really hard on wheel bearings, keep an eye on them.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Teching In

I dont have the answer to question sorry, but do you have any more info on your rear brake setup. what wheels your running and what rotors your running? maybe a link to something. Thanks!!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Teching In

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...s-17-rims.html

he wasnt running z06 wheels so im not sure about backspacing but he got them to fit with 17' wheels with a little grinding on the caliper. hope this helps!

Quick Reply: cts-v brakes and 17" Z06 wheels?