Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New viking street/strip shock install.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 11:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New viking street/strip shock install.

Picked up the complete viking set and installed yesterday. Steet/strip set up w/300lb front springs. Also used a umi bolt on relocation bracket. Very straight forward install. Car is a 99 HOSS, stock shocks, sportline springs. With the old susp. Car had no weight transfer at the track at all. This was with bogart d10s and 275/50/15 nittos. Drivin the car after the install and makin a few launches on the street. U can def tell the difference. If it ever stops raining will test at the strip this sun. Picked em up from Midwest chassis, thanks eric. Stock fronts set up weighed 18 pds and new viking set up weighed 13 pounds. Heres a few pics of the install.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sure is a sexy leg in that picture.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car def. works better now. picked up a solid .10 in the 60' and in the 1/8. 1st time playin with dbl adj shocks. Track was junk and over 80% humidity. Eric (Midwest chassis) , called today and gave me some baseline adjs on the rears. Said my front settings were ok. But my rears were off a bit. Drivin on the drag settings, to the track and around town felt about the same as before. Seem like a good set up so far. Will update when i can.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:58 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for posting this. These are what I'd like to go with, and the more reviews the better.

Did the shocks come with anything saying "round-a-bout" settings to get started, or Eric gave you that info? Also, how do the 300# springs feel on the street? I'm torn between a 300 and a 350
Old 08-07-2013, 08:22 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Thanks for posting this. These are what I'd like to go with, and the more reviews the better.

Did the shocks come with anything saying "round-a-bout" settings to get started, or Eric gave you that info? Also, how do the 300# springs feel on the street? I'm torn between a 300 and a 350
Hey David,

The cool thing about UMI is we have dyno curves on many brand shocks, we can give you settings that can simulate other brand shocks. Basically being double adjustable we can get you to a Bilstein or an "R" series shock. We can do this with the Viking or QA1 doubles.

So yes, we would give you some base line settings on the shocks!

Ryan
Old 08-07-2013, 04:39 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham

I spent a good amount of time on the phone with the OP giving support and tuning help with his new shocks. I have also done the shock setups on the winners like Ohio Boys Racing, Ray Litz, Andy Essary, and Brian Black to name a few,

I will get you going in the right direction right off the bat with baseline settings, then if you need help from there it's just a phone call away. I have a vast amount of experience with street, strip, and some autocross time as well so I am sure we can help with your needs.

Midwest Chassis has the guaranteed best prices and highest quality on any suspension component and the tuning experience to back it all up.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:43 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zssman
Car def. works better now. picked up a solid .10 in the 60' and in the 1/8. 1st time playin with dbl adj shocks. Track was junk and over 80% humidity. Eric (Midwest chassis) , called today and gave me some baseline adjs on the rears. Said my front settings were ok. But my rears were off a bit. Drivin on the drag settings, to the track and around town felt about the same as before. Seem like a good set up so far. Will update when i can.
Thanks Phil... great to hear of the results from your investment!

These new Viking shocks are the hot ticket right now and we are selling sets daily! The 2 year warranty, high quality, and great prices are just too hard to beat.

Quick Reply: New viking street/strip shock install.