Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bmr torque arm hitting gas line bracket

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 08:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bmr torque arm hitting gas line bracket

I have the tsp true duals and flipped the gas line bracket to move the lines away from the exhaust. Then a few months later I installed the bmr torque arm with the relocation crossmember and its hitting the gas line bracket. What do you guys do about this? Any help would be appreciated. Oh it's the bracket near the tail shaft of the tranny.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:32 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

If you can e-mail me some pictures of what you have going on and we can get it figured out for you, my e-mail is kyle@bmrsuspension.com.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 08-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hawn98Z28
I have the tsp true duals and flipped the gas line bracket to move the lines away from the exhaust. Then a few months later I installed the bmr torque arm with the relocation crossmember and its hitting the gas line bracket. What do you guys do about this? Any help would be appreciated. Oh it's the bracket near the tail shaft of the tranny.
This has nothing to do with the BMR TA. It's the exhaust. The TSP TD exhaust requires quite a bit of adjustment esp when you're using it on an aftermarket (whether it be UMI, BMR or Spohn) torque arm that is designed for a stock y-pipe setup.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Teching In

My bmr TA001 is designed to work with the tsp td's. and for what I understand is that everyone that runs the tsp td's flips their fuel line bracket. Just was wondering if there is a easy solution before I cut and reroute my gas lines.
BMR Sales2 I'll try to send a pic of it tonight.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:43 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

My bmr TA001 is designed to work with the tsp td's. and for what I understand is that everyone that runs the tsp td's flips their fuel line bracket. Just was wondering if there is a easy solution before I cut and reroute my gas lines.
Sounds good. Just send the pics over when you get a chance and I will look them over with my guys here and see what we can come with for you.

Kyle

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 08-16-2013, 01:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Most likely its the height adjustment for the front of the TA.
Try moving it down to the next lower position.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:48 PM
Banned

That is not correct. The TSP TD's are designed to work around the BMR TA and other brands. That is why the TDs needs to be adjusted.

You see how many pieces are involved? Six. You may want to call TSP also.

http://www.coloradospeed.com/texas-s...d-p-18854.html

"This exhaust system is not recommended for use with body-mount torque arms!*** **Please be aware that this is a 3-inch dual exhaust system that is re-routing the factory exhaust system to a different location under the car. The 1998-02 LS1 f-body cars came from the factory"
Old 08-17-2013, 03:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by coSPEED
That is not correct. The TSP TD's are designed to work around the BMR TA and other brands. That is why the TDs needs to be adjusted.

You see how many pieces are involved? Six. You may want to call TSP also.

http://www.coloradospeed.com/texas-s...d-p-18854.html

"This exhaust system is not recommended for use with body-mount torque arms!*** **Please be aware that this is a 3-inch dual exhaust system that is re-routing the factory exhaust system to a different location under the car. The 1998-02 LS1 f-body cars came from the factory"
FYI, the BMR #TA001 he listed is not a short body mount model, it's a full length model mounted to a TA relocation transmission cross-member.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
FYI, the BMR #TA001 he listed is not a short body mount model, it's a full length model mounted to a TA relocation transmission cross-member.
I completely understand that. I'm making a point. The BMR and any other aftermarket torque arm is make specifically to work around the stock or aftermarket Y-Pipe and not anything else. The TSP TD was designed to work around aftermarket TAs and the stock TA which is why it comes in so many pieces for adjustability.

And reasoning of posting this you see this same type of post when someone has an exhaust that is different from the standard Y-pipe and installs an aftermarket TA.

Quick Reply: Bmr torque arm hitting gas line bracket