Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

abs inop light

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 02:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default abs inop light

OK for some reason my ABS inop light came on today. The car has 60k miles and i just got new rims 2 weeks ago(but i dont think that would matter). Yesterday the brakes were acting weird, like i could feel the ABS comming on and the low trac light would come on some when just comming to a stop, not a very quick stop, but not slow either. Def. not normal for the abs to activate or have the low traction light come on. What do you all think could be wrong?

Oh sorry if this is the wrong forum, mods move it if it is please.
Old 05-01-2004, 02:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you check to make sure the ABS is still plugged in at the rear end? If it came unplugged, then it would throw that light...
Old 05-02-2004, 01:49 PM
Launching!

Nope i didnt check. Where does it plug in at? Also now it is off again, but sometimes the abs comes on when it shouldnt along with the low traction light. Like when im comming to a stop fairly fast, but not nearly fast enough for abs to activate it does for some reason. Do you think that maybe the plug is loose? If not then what could make the ABS just randomly start working funny.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

dont know how it works on the newer fbodies but on the older ones you could clean the sensors at each wheel and it would fix it. thats what i heard anyway
Old 05-06-2004, 07:25 PM
Launching!

well i didnt check the sensors yet, but lately it hasnt been doing it. This morning when i first started it up, the low trac. light came on for about 3 seconds while excelerating lightly but thats it. Could a loose sensor really do that?