Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni Shock Adjustment Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 04:00 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Koni Shock Adjustment Issue

So I bought some Koni 4/3 shocks with Strano springs from a forum member for around $700. The shocks/springs were lightly used and appear to be in great condition. Everything looked great and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but for some reason I can't get one of the front shocks to adjust....I turn the adjustment wheel using a small hex tool I had laying around but it turns infinitely and has very little resistance. Is there anything I need to do to get the adjustment wheel to catch or is it probably stripped out? I know on the rears there was a button I had to press. The other shock adjusted fine and I brought it 4 turns from full hard.

On a side note, the install went pretty well and I love the new lowered look on my car. Ride quality isn't that great because I'm currently running without a front sway bar until I can get new end links....ended up breaking them.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

It's broken. Bottomed out internally that's why the adjuster freewheels. Koni has a lifetime warranty but only to the original owner. You can call them, and they could fix it, but that will cost close to as much as a new shock (and take 6-8 weeks on top of it).

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 08-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
It's broken. Bottomed out internally that's why the adjuster freewheels. Koni has a lifetime warranty but only to the original owner. You can call them, and they could fix it, but that will cost close to as much as a new shock (and take 6-8 weeks on top of it).
Would you sell a single and how much?
Old 08-23-2013, 01:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Sure... they are still on sale too. $270, $10 shipping and I have them in stock. Normally $325 or so each.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 08-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Launching!

Sounds good. Could I give you a call and order or can I order a single through your website?
Old 08-26-2013, 11:37 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You can order a single on the site... just remember we don't take CC's on site *for your protection*. A CC# not online is one that can't get hacked. Submit the order, and we'll call you back for payment, it's that easy.

Sam

Quick Reply: Koni Shock Adjustment Issue