Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

EBC 3GD and EBC Yellowstuff pads

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question EBC 3GD and EBC Yellowstuff pads

Anyone use this combination?

I live in a rather mountainous area and have a had bad brake fade.

I'm not tearing through the mountains day in and day out but the other day I was coming out of a turn at 80 into a quick double back and my brakes felt like pudding. luckily it was the last two turns of the mountain. Coming to the stop light at the bottom I had to down shift and use my hand brake to stop. I couldn't use my brake for ****. Even after stopping for 10-15 minutes I went down the street to a friends house and barely had any stopping power. I've been driving super careful until pay day. My pads and fluid look good. And my rotors are fairly new.

I've read some good things about the 3GDs and yellowstuff pads just want some back up on those reviews. I will most likely do braided steel lines as well. any recommendation on brand?
Old 09-04-2013, 07:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When the brakes gave out did the brake pedal go soft? If so, you're boiling your fluid and upgrading the pads/rotors won't fix that. May in fact make it worse. If your pedal is dropping it's time to flush out your fluid and upgrade to more suitable juice.

If the pedal stays firm but the brakes just can't generate stopping force, upgraded pads that can withstand higher temps are your next move.

I'm really happy with my EBC bluestuff pads and stock rotors. Four 30min road course sessions at Pocono braking from 140+ mph without fade, they're quiet in street conditions, generate reasonable amounts of dust that is non-corrosive, and they stop well when cold.

I use ATE blue fluid but I'm hearing it may be going away. There are other high-perf options.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Whether you are actually working your brakes that hard or not.. upgrading to newer better brake fluid is a no brainer. I'd try that first. Keeping up with brake maintenance is essential for any performance car.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The pedal was firm. I guess I'll just do the rotors, pads and new fluid with steel braided lines. I don't half *** upgrades. Thanks for the input guys.

Quick Reply: EBC 3GD and EBC Yellowstuff pads