Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake Line Bracket Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 02:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Line Bracket Help!!

Ok, I am sorry if I am missing something but.....I am in the process of dropping the engine out of the bottom, for the first time. I have had the motor out of the top before and bottom seems much easier. Ok, I have removed the heat shield that is on the drivers side that covers the front brake lines. There is a grey and black bracket that holds the brake lines to the body. How in the **** do I "pop" the lines out as the directions I am following say to do. I can't get them to budge and the black part of the bracket looks like a cover with a vertical slit in it. Also, should brake fluid slowly poor out of the distribution block when I disconnect the front brake lines? It just keeps slowly coming out of the block.

Thanks for any tips and advice!

Matt
Old 08-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Teching In

Bump...someone in here has removed or replaced front brake lines before on an 98 Fbody! How do the lines pop out of the bracket attached to the engine bay?

Thanks
Old 08-31-2013, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Bump...dead in the water here! Please share any info if you have removed the steel front brake lines from the bracket on the inside of engine bay. It is on the drivers side. Black and gray bracket or clip.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:01 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn youre having a hard time Johnny Football...This guy wrote this 07-21-2005, send him a PM and ask him or find someones who put there own motor in.... Send them a PM...Name....2000 LS1 ....his thread was.... Thread: How To Remove the Engine From the Bottom

Quick Reply: Brake Line Bracket Help!!