Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors
Old 05-10-2016, 03:13 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevoret Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Brake Guides
Print Wikipost

Steel Brake Line Replacement Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Steel Brake Line Replacement Questions

The brake lines on my 99 TA are rusted like everything else on the car.

I have done some research on here but it is getting difficult to find real information.

1. Are the brake lines/systems universal on all 98-02 f-body cars? Will any year's parts cross over (i.e. will '02 Z28 lines fit on a '99 WS9 TA)?

2. Does anyone make a replacement kit that comes with all the parts needed?

Thanks for your time.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:09 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Any 98-02 car should have the same brake lines as long as their both equipped with the same options. 3ch abs, 4 channel abs, traction control, non traction control. Etc.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by scj
Any 98-02 car should have the same brake lines as long as their both equipped with the same options. 3ch abs, 4 channel abs, traction control, non traction control. Etc.
cool, thanks man
Old 09-07-2013, 12:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

When I replaced my rusted out brake line on my old Camaro I just got a spool of line from the store, took the old line off the car, and bent the new line by hand with a bender tool to match the original line as close as possible. Then I fished the new line onto the car. I did end up reusing the braided flex part as it was OK and there was enough original line that was in good shape after it to use a union. I couldn't find a new braided section anyway.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This question comes up all the time, do a search.

Try
http://www.flynbye.com

http://www.kore3.com

http://www.inlinetube.com

http://www.classictube.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=53
Old 09-09-2013, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just got the ss kit from inlinetube for my 2006 sierra and they worked out no problems.
I found it conformating that their website home page has my truck listed right out front.
classictube is another good source i've heard good things about, i suggest you get the stainless steel kit from either of them.

the fbody uses metric jap flare fittings, 10mm mostly.
I have traction control so i have 2 lines going from the abs block to the rear axle and one hard line has a 12mm male end and the other is 10mm. Then the 2 flex lines connecting those to the hard lines on the rear axle I think are the same except one side of each line is 10mm female and the other is 12mm female. Then one hard line on the axle is 10mm male and the other is 12mm male, i suppose is so it guarantees left goes to left side and right to right and cannot be mixed up.
I just put an s60 axle in and was going to put new hard lines on it, but i had to reuse my old hard lines from the oem axle because of one line having the 12mm male fitting, no one locally sells that.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kvrL33
The brake lines on my 99 TA are rusted like everything else on the car.

I have done some research on here but it is getting difficult to find real information.

1. Are the brake lines/systems universal on all 98-02 f-body cars? Will any year's parts cross over (i.e. will '02 Z28 lines fit on a '99 WS9 TA)?

2. Does anyone make a replacement kit that comes with all the parts needed?

Thanks for your time.

I went with classictube. look them up online. they have a kit for our cars. just type in camaro from 98-02 and they have a kit that works perfectly and you can get it in stainless steel which i did. i was able to have the entire thing installed except the front 2 pieces that go under the engine because they said that too much stuff would have to be taken out but it didnt matter because the stuff up front wasnt rusted anyways.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:18 AM
Teching In

Thanks for all the great info everybody.

Quick Reply: Steel Brake Line Replacement Questions