Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Best suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best suspension?

Looking at upgrading my suspension fixing all weak points possible and just wanting to hear different opinions on brands and what to get suspension wise minus a tubular k that will be later down the road if at all
Old 09-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

Bmr umi founders, all really good companies. I personally went with founders, can't beat their prices. I have adj pan hard rod. Lower control arms and relocation brackets. Great products at great prices. Going to order their new torque arm and subframe connectors in the coming months.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SPAZ-3
Looking at upgrading my suspension fixing all weak points possible and just wanting to hear different opinions on brands and what to get suspension wise minus a tubular k that will be later down the road if at all
Is your car just a daily driver? Any drag racing?
Old 09-22-2013, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

I'm setting it up to be at least a 750-800whp street car will see very little track
Old 09-24-2013, 10:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

750-800rwhp and a tubular k-member is out of the question for right now? Sounds like the motor is definitely going to be out anyway, why not put a k-member in and lighten up the front end and increase room while you're at it?

A typical list would include lower control arm relocation brackets, tubular a-arms, and subframe connectors, but for a car with that amount of power, you're going to need a new rear end more than likely. Midwest Chassis is a one stop shop for anything and everything you'd need, and their rear ends are second to none IMO on quality and pricing.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm going all BMR/UMI Chromoly and tubular from A-arms, K-member, torque arm, LCAs, relocation bracket weld in, cross member, PHB, subframe connectors weld in,strut tower brace, with either bilstein or Koni shocks/struts and Strano springs

I'll be at around the same HP doing mostly street driving and some AutoX and mountain driving

Edit: I'm also doing all of this plus rearend + drivetrain before I touch more power.

Gotta be able to put down the power and handle it before you add it. Then again I like to do things once the right way
Old 09-26-2013, 09:58 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm setting it up to be at least a 750-800whp street car will see very little track
We offer a full line of parts that would really get you going in the right direction with your car. It really comes down to what your expectations are and what kind of budget you are working with. If you shoot me a PM or e-mail to kyle@bmrsuspension.com I can throw a custom package together that will work for you and be within your budget. Let me know if we can help you out in any way.

Kyle

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: Best suspension?