Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need help with brakes

Old 09-25-2013, 05:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Need help with brakes

I have a 95 V6(3.4) Camaro that I am swapping for an LS1/T56. Well it has disc in front and drums in the rear. I want to know exactly what Ill need to get the 98-02 style disc brakes on all 4 wheels. I will be installing a Strange S60 rear end in before the car ever touches the ground so I want to get it all done now before its ready to be driven. I know for the front brakes Ill need the spindles from an LS(already have them) as well as the rotors, but what about the calipers?

Also what about when I am ordering my rear end what should I do? Just have them build it for use with 98+ style rear brakes? If so then what do I say about 3ch or 4ch,etc..

Just kind of lost as to what I should do. I have the ABS controller that sits in the front driver side of engine bay from a 2000 Z28 I had as a donor car(didnt think about the brakes before I scrapped the car), but someone told me it would be a problem as far as electrical wiring goes to swap the ABS controller from the 95 to the 2000 controller.

Hope all that made sense. If anyone can help me out please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Brenton
Old 09-28-2013, 03:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Coonass350
Also what about when I am ordering my rear end what should I do? Just have them build it for use with 98+ style rear brakes? If so then what do I say about 3ch or 4ch,etc..
Yes, have them set it up for 98+ brakes. All they'll do is install the backing plates for you. You'll need the LS1 style parking brake setup, as well as the calipers, rotors, and e-brake cables. I'm not sure about the brake lines, I swapped the whole setup over from a 99 V6 car to my 96 rear end.

As far as ABS, I haven't done an LS1 swap so the wiring might be an issue with the 93-97 ABS module.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks man for the help. As for the ABS I have seen a couple "ABS delete" threads so I might go that route unless I can find an easy swap over for the ABS. What is needed for the e-brake swap? Just straight swap over or is new mounting needed,etc..
Old 09-28-2013, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You'll need everything I listed above. You basically just take everything off the axle tubes from a 98+ car. And you'll need the e-brake cables. You need the two that go from the e-brake itself to the little bracket mounted under the tranny tunnel. You'll know what I mean when you go to take them out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help with brakes