Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Want to lower my car... Shorter springs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to lower my car... Shorter springs?

And improve handling, and improve traction.

I have a 2002 M6 Camaro SS.

Eventually I'll get SFC's, and Traction bars. But what I want now is to be lowered.

If I get some shorter springs, on all my stock stuff, will it improve my handling? Which springs should I get? I want at least an inch lower. Will it make the ride killer on my back, and my girlfriend not want to ride with me? I'm trying to do this on a budget, so if I can just put lower springs... that'd rock.

Any info you can give me is awesome

Thanks!
Old 05-07-2004, 10:35 AM
Staging Lane

I just lowered my camaro with Bilstein HD shocks and DMS lowering springs. The car is about 2in. lower now and i think it looks awsome. My car actually rides smother over bumps now than it did with the stcok stuff. IMO the drop that the DMS springs gave me is perfect for the camaros.

Check out the pics in my sig under the lowered section.

-Brian
Old 05-07-2004, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

you would be fine for a while with the stock shocks but your gonna want to upgrade them eventually, the ride quailty wont be affected too much depending how ruff the roads are were you live, the bmr springs lower about a inch and the eibach lowers from 1.5 to 2 inches,
Old 05-07-2004, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Go with the eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks. It lowered mine about an 1.5"
Old 05-07-2004, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

fwiw, I found my Eibach pro-kit's new in box on ebay for $179. Alot better price than the standard $239 you see almost everywhere for them. I forget the name of the company, but I think they sell exclusively through ebay. A search there will turn them up.

You may want to really consider subframe connectors as your first suspension mod though. Having done the shocks/springs/SFC's myself, my suggestion is to do the SFC's first.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 4mula1
fwiw, I found my Eibach pro-kit's new in box on ebay for $179. Alot better price than the standard $239 you see almost everywhere for them. I forget the name of the company, but I think they sell exclusively through ebay. A search there will turn them up.

You may want to really consider subframe connectors as your first suspension mod though. Having done the shocks/springs/SFC's myself, my suggestion is to do the SFC's first.

Got my Eibachs i think at the same site on ebay and for the same price, awsome deal