Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What Poly Trans Mount To Run With A UMI Torque arm Relocation Bracket?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 05:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Poly Trans Mount To Run With A UMI Torque arm Relocation Bracket?

Hey all i just ordered some new stuff from UMI and was wondering what poly trans mount to run with my new UMI Torque Arm Relocation Bracket? I looked at some that summit sells but they all look like pretty much the same thing. Any info or part numbers and vendors would great. Thanks.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You actually really don't need a poly trans mount. The factory rubber mount is more than enough with the TA off the tail of the transmission, but if you're going to get a poly mount Go with the Prothane mount (#7-1604-BL).
Old 11-01-2013, 09:35 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
You actually really don't need a poly trans mount. The factory rubber mount is more than enough with the TA off the tail of the transmission, but if you're going to get a poly mount Go with the Prothane mount (#7-1604-BL).
Thanks for the suggestion. Im going with solid motor mounts and umi recommends a poly trans mount with there relocation bracket.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:39 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Another vote for the Prothane. Check it out here: http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...mission-mount/
Old 11-01-2013, 11:25 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the info. Just a quick question i see that there are different styles of poly mounts such as short versions and regular length versions, are the shorter versions for different style trans cross members?
Old 11-02-2013, 04:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinister_Z28
Thanks for the suggestion. Im going with solid motor mounts and umi recommends a poly trans mount with there relocation bracket.
Although they may recommend it, i went back to a rubber factory mount after getting vibration though my shifter with a poly mount.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:40 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Go with the prothane. The energy suspension has a load plate and other crap, and that's the one that gets the most complaints. I absolutely LOVED my solid motor mounts and prothane Trans mount.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:49 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick warning: with the relocation kit a poly transmission mount will add increase vibrations. If you are noise/vibration sensitive I recommend rubber as well.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:36 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks for all the suggestions and recommendations guys.

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Quick warning: with the relocation kit a poly transmission mount will add increase vibrations. If you are noise/vibration sensitive I recommend rubber as well.
Now when u say added vibrations how much worse than stock would a poly trans mount make? Keep in mind the car has a 408 in it and I'm frankly getting tired of my trans shifting toward the passenger side at WOT. I don't consider myself vibration sensitive but I'm curious to know how much added vibration it'll have. Oh forgot to mention the car also has tsp true duals on it.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:41 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for all the suggestions and recommendations guys.

Now when u say added vibrations how much worse than stock would a poly trans mount make? Keep in mind the car has a 408 in it and I'm frankly getting tired of my trans shifting toward the passenger side at WOT. I don't consider myself vibration sensitive but I'm curious to know how much added vibration it'll have. Oh forgot to mention the car also has tsp true duals on it.
You probably won't notice it or mind it based on your build. We have a lot of bone stock cars installing relocation kits and poly trans mounts then complaining to use about increased vibrations. Sometimes we can't win so I try to be proactive
Old 11-02-2013, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Stay rubber!!!
Old 11-02-2013, 10:59 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I had the UMI relocation kit with their DA TA. (Awesome parts) When I had the stock crossmember I felt it more. When I swapped to the UMI, the "vibe" wasn't quite as much. It just feels more solid.

OP, seriously, go with a Prothane and don't look back.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go with a GM factory mount.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:35 PM
TECH Regular

Just out of curiosity why is everyone saying go with a rubber mount over a poly? I learned when i started this project that when u have a modded car u have to give up some luxuries to feed ur desire for speed

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
You probably won't notice it or mind it based on your build. We have a lot of bone stock cars installing relocation kits and poly trans mounts then complaining to use about increased vibrations. Sometimes we can't win so I try to be proactive
Thanks for the warning UMI i greatly appreciate ur guys feed back and opinions. U guys are awesome and u guys will get my call when i have the coin for more suspension parts.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:09 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just out of curiosity why is everyone saying go with a rubber mount over a poly? I learned when i started this project that when u have a modded car u have to give up some luxuries to feed ur desire for speed
Bolded the statement that matters. These aren't luxury cars.

For instance, some people whine about poly motor mounts. I noticed absolutely NO difference between the OE rubber mounts and the Prothane poly mounts. I expect the same experience with the poly trans mount.

Further, it's such an inexpensive part, just go with poly and sell it if you don't like it.

Quick Reply: What Poly Trans Mount To Run With A UMI Torque arm Relocation Bracket?