Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

new rear and suspension suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 07:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new rear and suspension suggestions

I've got an 01 ss that I'm going to install a new 12 bolt and all new rear suspension after my deployment. I've already got Strano springs and their hollow sway bars. I'm planning to have the lca drop brackets installed on the rear. I need some help in choosing LCAs, Panhard bar and torque arm. I want to have polys on one end for the chassis and definitely adjustable panhard, possibly lca and torque arm. What suggestions do you have on set ups? I've only got bolt ons, eventually i'll go to a 383.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by lss1six
I've got an 01 ss that I'm going to install a new 12 bolt and all new rear suspension after my deployment. I've already got Strano springs and their hollow sway bars. I'm planning to have the lca drop brackets installed on the rear. I need some help in choosing LCAs, Panhard bar and torque arm. I want to have polys on one end for the chassis and definitely adjustable panhard, possibly lca and torque arm. What suggestions do you have on set ups? I've only got bolt ons, eventually i'll go to a 383.
The big question is what do you want to do with the car?
You have springs and swaybars specifically designed for handling, while all the other mods you listed that you want are strictly for drag racing.
What is important to you? Ride quality? Handling? 60ft times?
Old 11-05-2013, 09:10 AM
Staging Lane

It's going to mostly be a street car so #1 would be ride quality, then handling, and 60ft. I know its already going to be rough with the springs and sway bars.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you still running stock shocks? If so I would definitely upgrade those first.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Staging Lane

I put another set of the Bilsteins on it a year or two ago. I'll leave them on until i do the konis in the front
Old 11-05-2013, 10:48 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

For your power and needs, I would recommend our bolt on Control arm relocation brackets (CAB-002), LCA's (TCA001), on car adjustable panhard bar (PHR002), and full length adjustable torque arm (TA001). Give us a call and we can give you a price on putting together a package deal.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-07-2013, 07:08 AM
Staging Lane

So if I am getting the relocation brackets welded on the axle, do I need adjustable lcas for my pplication?
Old 11-07-2013, 08:31 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

You can either do the weld on or bolt on LCA brackets. Either way, if you do not get an adjustable torque arm, I would go with adjustable LCA's. You will want one or the other to be adjustable to get your suspension dialed in. Both would be ideal, but usually not necessary on a street car
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-07-2013, 09:38 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lss1six
So if I am getting the relocation brackets welded on the axle, do I need adjustable lcas for my application?
What is the worst thing you can ever say after you make your purchase and install parts?

"I wish I would have"

Buy all adjustable components right from the start, and I strongly suggest to use weld in type relocators if they don't come already installed on the rearend.
The cost of the adjustable components is not too much different, and well worth the extra when it comes down to alignment and suspension tuning.

The Strange 12 bolt rear is a great piece, however there are other choices out there that you may consider as well. MWC is a direct dealer for Strange and we manufacture the ever popular MWC fabricated 9 inch rearend package. We guarantee the best prices and quality you will find.

Give us a call and we can go over all the options for you and give you the best advice at the same time.

Quick Reply: new rear and suspension suggestions