Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Question about rear stabilizer bolt specs??

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about rear stabilizer bolt specs??

Was checking rear suspension because i hear a thumping sound at low takeoff speeds. Noticed that the bolts on the stabilizer bar on the ends, not the clamp bolts, are very easily spun with a ratchet. Not sure if thats the way they are supposed to be or not. I could not find anything else loose, nor see any visual rubbing of any kind. Don't think it is the rear end, because i just had all internals replaced by GM, and noise was there before internal replacement, and the noise is still there after. I retightened my energy suspension tranny mount also. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mikespy
Was checking rear suspension because i hear a thumping sound at low takeoff speeds. Noticed that the bolts on the stabilizer bar on the ends, not the clamp bolts, are very easily spun with a ratchet. Not sure if thats the way they are supposed to be or not. I could not find anything else loose, nor see any visual rubbing of any kind. Don't think it is the rear end, because i just had all internals replaced by GM, and noise was there before internal replacement, and the noise is still there after. I retightened my energy suspension tranny mount also. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

By the way, the car is 99 trans am M6 3.42. Suspension is all stock.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:42 PM
Staging Lane

The torque spec. for the end links on the stabilizer bar is 18 ft-lbs. Don't overtighten them. They should just begin to buldge a little when you hit 18 ft-lbs.