Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New shocks and springs advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 01:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New shocks and springs advice

I'm redoing my suspension all around, tubular control arms front/back. I plan on getting the qa1 single adjustable gen f struts up front. I don't want to lower the rear bc of my roads but does anyone have any suggestions for the springs and rates. Any thoughts on coil over conversions out back?
Old 01-09-2014, 03:03 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I can get you setup with any type of shock or coil-over setup for your application. Ther spring rates will vary depending on your car and what you do with it, but we have a general range of what works best for the stock suspension type f-body cars.

There are several options on the parts you need and MWC has the guaranteed lowest prices along with the street and track experience to back it all up. Give us a call and we can discuss what is right for you.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ss4life1986
I'm redoing my suspension all around, tubular control arms front/back. I plan on getting the qa1 single adjustable gen f struts up front. I don't want to lower the rear bc of my roads but does anyone have any suggestions for the springs and rates. Any thoughts on coil over conversions out back?
What do you plan on doing with the car? If you don't care about ride quality or handling then non-gas charged drag shocks like QA1s may be tolerable.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:36 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

It really comes down to what you are wanting to do with the car and what your goals are. Are you more worried about straight line performance or handling? This alone will biggest determining factor to what parts and springs rates you want to use.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 01-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car is my daily driver with the occasional autox event in the future. I'm no pro but would just like to have fun. I would rather carve up some corners then blast down a straight line. Should I get the 300 front and 130 rear?

Last edited by ss4life1986; 01-10-2014 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The car is my daily driver with the occasional autox event in the future. I'm no pro but would just like to have fun. I would rather carve up some corners then blast down a straight line. Should I get the 300 front and 130 rear?
You need to search then.
QA1s (like strange, afco, and viking) are drag shocks, you will be killing your handling if you put those on. 300lbs/in springs are practically stock rates (LS1 stock fronts are 292lbs/in). No where near what you want for handling...
If you want handling you want something like the koni/strano setup (multiple national SCCA titles won on that setup).
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=90&ModelID=7

Quick Reply: New shocks and springs advice