Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Does anyone sell a complete fully loaded front strut assembly anymore?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 11:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone sell a complete fully loaded front strut assembly anymore?

Pulled the struts off of my 98 in order to install lowering springs. They are in pretty bad shape, rusted and seized top plate, leaky shock assembly, upper shock retaining bolt has almost rusted away entirely, etc. I've been trying to find a whole replacement assembly instead of piecing them together. Or even an economical coil over setup. What are my options?

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2014, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Even though it may resemble a strut assembly, the fronts are actually just a coil on shock design and not actually struts. Best bet would be to get a set of blisteins or koni shocks. You can just cut the top nut off if it's seized too bad. I would let it sit in on blaster and then impact it off.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just get new shocks to go with your springs. You don't want to use crap stock shocks with lowering springs anyway. Then get the new mounts and DON'T forget the isolator piece.

Monroe makes a "quick strut" which has everything, but then you'd be using their crappy shock and a stock style spring and it wouldn't get you ahead at all.

Quick Reply: Does anyone sell a complete fully loaded front strut assembly anymore?